Childcare Apprenticeship - NVQ Level 2 Catherine House
We believe “Children come first” – the aim of the nursery is to create a safe, homely atmosphere that will enable your child to develop the skills required to become more independent, with a positive self-image and an understanding of other people and cultures.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Sep 2022
16 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are adhered to at all times
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Creative, imaginative and willing to get stuck in
- Patience and a caring nature
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual.
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE or equivalent, or Functional Skills Level 2
- Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham for your 26 classroom-based days
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 26 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor. Candidates may be required to work up to 40 hours but will be paid for hours worked.
About the employer
This Day Nursery is part of a group of spacious privately owned nurseries accommodating up to 70 children ranging in age from 3 months to 5 years, and operating since 1987.
Each nursery is made up of several playrooms providing a safe, stimulating and enabling environment for each of the age groups to grow and develop in self-confidence and with independence.
The children work in small groups enabling them to receive maximum attention from fully qualified and experienced staff.
Teachers specialising in French, music, dance and art (subject to availability), augment the weekly programme of opportunities available to the children.
Each nursery has a substantial rear garden where the children can play and continue their learning outdoors in all weathers.
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Jessica Jones 0121 594 0459 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 NVQ - Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.