Accounts / Finance Assistant Ian Pedley
This is a great opportunity to start to your career in Accountancy and will cover a range of accounting and bookkeeping functions, including assisting the existing payroll team and getting involved in performing day to day bookkeeping transactions for clients and drafting their VAT returns.
Closing date: 18 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
16 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
A broad range of accounting, payroll and bookkeeping tasks at some point would include:
- Data entry for the weekly and monthly client payrolls
- Processing purchase Ledger invoices
- Supplier payments
- Reconciling suppler statements
- Maintaining supplier records
- Sales invoicing
- Credit control
- Maintaining customer records
- Processing company credit card statements
- Processing staff expenses
- Matching the bank feeds
- Month-end journals
- Dealing with intercompany management charges
- Understanding the various accounting software in use
- Payrol – Brightpay
- Bookkeeping – Quickbooks
- Sage 50 – accounting.
- General admin, including a lot of ad-hoc duties, assisting managers in both administration, finance and other duties, getting to really know the business, including
- Providing cover for telephone support
Requirements and prospects
Attention to detail, accurate, competent in Microsoft packages, strong customer service ethos. Has a hunger to progress in their career.
Flexible, strong team player, willingness to really get involved with all aspects of the business and an ambition to grow with it. A positive attitude.
A Levels would be desirable but not essential. Grades A to C, plus a minimum of 5 GCSEs, which must include Maths & English grades 9-5 (A-C).
We see this position as a way for an ambitious candidate to kick start their career in the accountancy profession
Things to consider
Free car parking
Yearly pay reviews
Breakfast available on site
Annual bonus worth a months salary!
About the employer
Established in 2012, Bookkeeping Birmingham provides Bookkeeping and Payroll services for small and medium size enterprises.
ACCOUNTANCY LEARNING LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ACCOUNTANCY LEARNING LTD
Victoria Longstaff 01392435349 firstname.lastname@example.org
You will undertake the “Accounts / Finance Assistant” Apprenticeship (an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Accounting), with full support from Accountancy Learning as part of their Flexible Apprenticeship Programme.
Assessment will be by an “End Point Assessment”, which will include the following two elements:
- A Structured Interview. This will consist of 10 questions asked by an AAT Independent Assessor. It will last 60 minutes and will be performed remotely via the AAT on-line video portal. The questions will allowing you to display the knowledge and experience you have obtained over your apprenticeship. You will build a Portfolio of reflections and product evidence that will be used to support your answers to these 10 questions.
- An In-tray Test. This will be undertaken under exam conditions and will last 105 minutes. It will be based on what you have studied in your AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
Successful completion of the AAT (Level 2) Foundation Certificate in Accounting is a mandatory element of the Accounts / Finance Assistant Apprenticeship. Your Apprenticeship will therefore include formal studies towards this qualification. It is anticipated that your apprenticeship duration will be for 15 months, although earlier completion is possible, provided the duration exceeds one year and a week.
You will receive support from both the employer, and the training provider, to complete and achieve your Apprenticeship and will be given time to study during the week on a day release basis. As you are working towards a professional qualification, it is also expected that you will continue your studies outside of normal office hours.
As you learn more in both the office and in your studies your responsibilities, and the variety of tasks you undertake, are expected to increase.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.