Apprentice Chef FAT SAM'S GRILL LIMITED
We are looking for a production chef to work alongside chefs and help with food prep and cooking.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
14 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Learn different procedures for food preparation
- Prepare ingredients for dishes upon the instructions of chefs
- Assist in operating commercial cooking equipment such as stoves, cookers, ovens and fryers
- Make sure that food supplies are stored properly and used resourcefully
- Ensure that food items are properly rotated in refrigerators and any near expiry ones are dealt with according to the restaurant's policies
- Help chefs in cooking activities by providing input and managing work
- Set up food stations by following chef’s orders
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
- Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organised at all times
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Guide kitchen staff in upholding high culinary standards
- Assist chef in developing menus and provide suggestions for alternates such as sauces and levels of spice for each entrée
- Make sure that all leftover food is stored properly
- Assist in checking food deliveries for both quantity and quality standards
- Provide input into stock rotation activities and make sure that food inventory is in check
- Learn and employ the basics of food aesthetics in sync with the restaurant's set instructions
- Maintain a ‘clean as you go’ work ethic
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Good level of personal hygiene
No GCSEs required, but must demonstrate the ability to achieve Maths/English L1 functional skills as indicated in BKSB assessment.
Progression into employment.
Things to consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
About the employer
Restaurant and bar, grilled food and cocktails.
FAT SAM'S GRILL LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the following qualification / standard:
Production Chef - Level 2.
- Main learning objectives: The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food, procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment, standards and operating procedures, personal development and performance, key nutrient groups, legal requirements
- Functional Skills - if required
- EPA (End Point Assessment) - Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes 3 assessment methods. These include an ‘On demand test’, a 120-minute practical observation and a professional discussion. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.