General Farm Worker Apprenticeship P C Metcalfe
WE are looking to recruit an Apprentice to assist on our busy Arable Farm. in Richmond. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with a keen interest in agriculture / farming and working outdoors.
Closing date: 07 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
14 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The General Farm Worker will typically be required to drive farm vehicles and must hold or work toward the appropriate licence. The individual will work alongside the supervisor, supporting daily operations for the farm enterprises including identifying and maintaining plant health and performance, conducting routine tasks and assisting with general record keeping practices. The individual will manage the storage of forage and crop, minimising waste and disposing of necessary waste appropriately. General duties whilst training will be:
- Perform crop and or forage operations as per instruction. For example, combining, plate meter reading
- Recognise and record (verbally and written) the growth and health of crops
- Assist with preparation and planting of field scale crops
- Safely load, unload and transport harvested crops in accordance with legislation and codes of practice
- Recognise good and poor quality in growing, harvested and stored crops
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Team working
- Time keeping skills
- Good at listening
- Does tasks to a high standard
- Driving licence or transport to work
- IT skills an advantage
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to embrace new concepts and technology
- Happy to self-promote and offer their opinion
- Motivated and driven
- Hard working
The successful candidate must be a non smoker and not dependant on Social Media.
GCSE Grades 9-3 (A-E) are essential for this role.
If personal development within the industry is a goal then this will be developed and encouraged. Any areas of specific interest will be investigated and if suitable the candidate will have opportunities to develop new arms to the business including self employed.
Things to consider
You must ensire you can travel to this location on a daily basis and be on time.
You will be expected to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
There will be a trial for this role before appointment.
N.B. Depending on volume of applications this vacancy may close early, therefore early application is advisable.
About the employer
An established crop farm in Richmond offering a range of work. This employer is commited to giving a long term opportunity to the person demonstrating commitment.
P C Metcalfe
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Hayley Clifton 0191 5188294 email@example.com
- General Farm Worker Level 2
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Safe use of pesticides (PA1)
- End Point Assessment
- Functional skills Upskill if required
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.