Home Care Assistant Apprentice THE RIGHT HOME CARE TEAM LTD
To support individuals who choose to remain in the comfort and security of their own homes and to help them live as independent and active lives as possible by supporting them in an enablement focussed way. The tasks you undertake will be agreed by the service user and the Homecare Manager once they have assessed the service user’s needs.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2022
£144.30 to £285.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Aug 2022
14 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The following list gives examples of the type of duties you may undertake.
• assisting getting up in the morning including observation of washing/bathing and dressing and maintaining personal appearance
• assisting with undressing and getting to bed in the evening
• assisting with preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary
• provide assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary
• to maintain commodes and wash clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary
• provide assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that you cannot manage and provide general support as part of a caring team
• Encourage the management of medication where necessary and appropriate, and monitoring health related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
• To help service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. To help in the use of aids and other personal equipment.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• To supervise the personal care of service users, preparation of appropriate meals, shopping, bill payment & collection of prescriptions and general household tasks.
• Ensure service users retain individuality and personal dignity by promoting high standards of care and encouraging independence where appropriate.
• Ensure that different cultural needs are catered for sensitively.
• To respect the confidential nature of the work.
• To provide direct care to service users as circumstances require.
• To attend meetings, case conferences and training courses as required.
• Contribute to an effective system of communication within the team, by discussion and regular team meetings.
• To ensure that the Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies are implemented at all times.
• To undertake any other duties specified by Management.
Requirements and prospects
Requires a driving licence
Positive, punctual, caring with great communication skills.
Permanent position on completion of apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Must hold a full valid uk drivers’ licence with access to a vehicle.
About the employer
Do you have a genuine passion for helping people in your local community?
Our clients deserve the highest level of quality care so we will only employ those who are absolutely committed to delivering it! If you have the right attitude, we can give you all the training and support you need to be the very best.
Are you looking for a role that is rewarding and provides a sense of satisfaction with great opportunities for additional hours, with a family run business who puts its team and clients at the heart of everything it does? Then The Right Home Care Team is the care provider for you.
We are a local family run business, with experience working within a healthcare environment and in our professional careers we have been at the forefront of supporting clients to remain in their homes and avoid hospital admission. To do this effectively it is essential to work closely alongside Social Care providers who enable people to continue living in their own environment, supporting their personally desired level of independence and comfort.
INDEPENDENT TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Independent Training Services Ltd
Nicola Page 07805 874039 firstname.lastname@example.org
The apprenticeship standard consists of core knowledge, skills & behaviours. This is typically a 12-15 month apprenticeship which is delivered in partnership with the employer in the workplace.
Examples of the knowledge, skills & behaviours covered can be seen below:
Apprenticeship standards require apprentices to participate in a minimum of 20% off the job training during paid working hours, this will include time spent studying with the training provider and workplace training.
Apprenticeship standards are assessed through an end point assessment (EPA), the EPA commences once the apprentice, employer and tutor all agree that the apprentice is ready.
The apprenticeship outcome will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.