Customer Service Apprentice Long Eaton Garage Services
A fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to undertake a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship with a well-established and successful motor vehicle services company in Long Eaton. Excellent progression opportunities are available with this being the view to the beginning of a successful career within the business.
Closing date: 18 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
11 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To provide general customer service, office and administration support services dealing with both internal staff and external customers.
- To undertake general office duties, for example, answering the telephone, taking messages, filing, photocopying, handling incoming and outgoing post, etc.
- Liaise with suppliers for ordering of motor vehicle parts
- General checks of customer vehicles
- Workplace procedures and checks
- Reporting of Health and Safety issues
- Price estimating and quotations
- It is the responsibility of each member of staff to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Staff must be aware of and adhere to the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act and ensure their own safety and the safety of colleagues and customers. Staff must be aware of the action to be taken in the event of fire and other health and safety activities in the workplace.
- Staff should be aware of their own individual responsibilities under the Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure that they adhere to the provisions of the policy
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time, as discussed and agreed with the on-site manager.
This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, but represents the current key areas of work. The content of this post will be reviewed in consultation with the post holder when necessary and in line with business developments.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to use your own initiative and be proactive in your work is also important
- Basic IT skills, particularly with regard to the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Conscientious with attention to detail
Confident to talk to a variety of people face to face and via phone
- Well presented
- An interest in motor vehicles would be beneficial to the role
- Willing to learn and an ability to retain information
- Proactive in their approach to work and thrive on doing a good job
- Able to follow instructions
Respectful of confidentiality
GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent qualifications) in English Language, Literature, and maths.
Excellent progression available within the company. The successful applicant will undertake more responsibilities as the Apprenticeship develops with a strong view to securing permanent employment on completion.
Things to consider
As part of the Apprenticeship you will undertake specific Bosch training courses related to expanding your knowledge of motor vehicle parts and services.
About the employer
We are a family run business and have been providing quality repairs and MOTs in Long Eaton for over 20 years.
We are also a Bosch Car Service Centre and can offer you that rare thing these days – a genuinely friendly, personal service. Bosch Car Service is a network of independent garages delivering high quality vehicle servicing, maintenance, and repairs for all makes and models. We guarantee affordable quality you can trust.
We cater for all cars from classic cars to modern vehicles. Our services are tailored to you, your vehicle and your budget. Ask us for a quote.
We are a fully approved VOSA MOT Test Centre. To book your repair or MOT test please call us on 0115 973 2643 now. Loan cars available.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Prostart
Lawrence Turton 0115 9468182 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will complete a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship standard: -
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths – if applicable
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English – if applicable
Knowledge-based off the job training will take place during the 15 months of the Apprenticeship. The Apprentice will complete a minimum 20% off the job training during the Apprenticeship.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.