Multi Skills Apprenticeship OVERLEY HALL LIMITED
We are looking to enhance our property maintenance team and we are offering an Apprenticeship for an individual interested in gaining an industry recognised vocational qualification to start their career. You will study as a Level 2 as a Property Maintenance Operative, and, once qualified within 12 months, you will be offered full time employment.
Closing date: 22 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
11 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be based in our Support Services Department within our property maintenance team as an Estates Maintenance Apprentice. You will hold a fundamental role at Overley Hall and therefore will need to be; eager to learn new skills, and be proactive, organized, punctual, a good communicator, and confident of liaising with all levels of management.
Your role will be to support the team and ensuring the smooth day to day running of the Overley Hall buildings and the estate as well as ensuring work tasks are undertaken and completed within given timescales.
An understanding of basic DIY, property maintenance repairs, decoration and basic plumbing is desirable however, you don’t need any experience as you will be taught a wide range of skills. If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member.
Your responsibilities as an Estates Maintenance Apprentice are:
- Carry out basic repairs throughout the Overley Hall Estate
- Removing and installing furniture e.g. kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms and offices
- Putting up pictures
- Provide assistance to other Estate Maintenance persons
- To provide general administration support to the Maintenance team i.e. ordering of supplies
- Ensuring buildings are in a safe working and living environment
- Maintain effective working relationships within your own team and with wider stakeholders
- To work through tasks in the Estate maintenance book
- To compete basic woodwork and carpentry tasks
- Ensuring all legal, health and safety requirements have been met
- To help maintain company vehicles, buildings and grounds
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by the company
Requirements and prospects
- An understanding of basic DIY, property maintenance repairs, decoration and basic plumbing is desirable but not essential
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Reliable and with good time keeping
- Able to work flexibly and independently
- A basic knowledge of or an interest in DIY
- Willingness to do a job to the best of your ability
- Able to prioritise jobs
GCSE Maths and English (or the equivalent).
Potential for full time employment for the right candidate on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Overley Hall values their employees and therefore offer the following benefits; Free Employee Assistance Programme, company pension scheme, free freshly prepared meals at lunch time, in-house training and much more.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Overley Hall has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore you will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS Check before commencement.
About the employer
Overley Hall Ltd. was established in 1980 by husband and wife duo, Anita and Paul Brown, who were the co-principals at that time. Both Anita and Paul had special education teaching backgrounds. They purchased the main building from the Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) who ran a ‘Sunshine Home’ for children with visual impairments from 1950 to 1979. Anita along with her daughters, Emma and Rebecca, continue to direct Overley Hall’s future.
Over the last 40 years the independent school and home was established to provide a residential learning and living environment for children and young people who have a range of complex needs specifically linked to autism and learning difficulties. Located in the peaceful rural setting of Shropshire near Wellington, Telford, just off the A5, Overley Hall has its own estate comprising of Overley Hall School, Wellingtonia Children’s home and two adult homes, the Woodlands and Station House.
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Asma Jabeen Asma.Jabeen@ixionholdings.com
- Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard
- Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health and Safety, British Values and Equality and Diversity is embedded throughout the course
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)