Installation Maintenance Electrician Apprentice DJ Electrics Limited
A new member of the team is required to take on an Apprenticeship Level 3 Electrical qualification. You will be expected to learn on the job by working with Contractors in Domestic and Commercial Installations.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
11 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Possibility to start before the Apprenticeship start date for work.
No experience required. A willingness and motivation to learn and succeed is a must. Full time Apprenticeship in Domestic and Commercial Installations with day release to attend college.
You must understand this is a physically demanding role and you will need to have a positive attitude and good work ethic.
Within this position you will work alongside a fulkly wualified electrician and take instruction from them on site. The qualification covers a range of topics:
- Composite Installation
- Inspection and Testing of the completed composite installation
- Fault Diagnosis and Correction
- Health and Safety
- BS 7671: Requirements for Electrical Installations
- Building Regulations
The themes covered in the course are:
- Termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords in electrical systems
- Preparation and installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment
- Design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems
What can I expect from being an Apprentice?
- Excellent vocational training
- A salary and on-going support from your employer and GB MET
- In depth experience, insight and understanding of the business sector you are working in
- A clear career path
- The opportunity to achieve industry-standard qualifications
Requirements and prospects
- Maths knowledge for understanding technical plans
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to use your innitiative
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Desire to learn
- GCSE Grade C/4+ in maths and English or equivalent
- We take on apprentices with the view that they will take on more responsibility as they progress. And ultimately stay with us as fully qualified engineers post qualification
Things to consider
- £4.30 per hour is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. April 2022 this rate will increase to £4.81ph. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies
About the employer
D.J Electrics Ltd is one of Sussex's leading Electrical and Plumbing Contractors delivering projects across the South-East. Our first-class reputation is demonstrated by the high quality of our work in all business sectors and is testament to the strength and depth of knowledge and experience within our company.
Greater Brighton Metropolitan
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Greater Brighton Metropolitan
Aimee Weston 01903273735 email@example.com
Mandatory – 20% off the job training
Apprentices are allocated a Tutor, who visits the apprentice in the workplace every four weeks.
The apprenticeship is made up of the following:
- Standard (Level 2, 3, or 4) – this is where the apprentice demonstrates they have the knowledge, behaviours and skills to meet the criteria of the standard.
- Functional Skills – if required, are delivered at the college and are made up of English (Reading, Writing, and Speaking & Listening) and Maths.
Assessment of this qualification will be by an “Synoptic End Point Assessment” and will be graded “Pass” or “Distinction”.
Installation electrician and maintenance electrician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.