Nursery Practitioner Apprentice Abbeydale Cottage Nursery Ltd
• Complete academic aspects of the apprenticeship • To complete and maintain accurate records of your key children's development and learning journeys and share with parents and other key adults in the child’s life • Support all staff and engage in a good staff team • To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents
Closing date: 04 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Sep 2022
10 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To complete and maintain accurate records of your key children's development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories to uphold the principles of equality and inclusion
- To advise appropriate person (Manager, EYT, SENCO, DSL) of any concerns e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be involved in out of working hours activities e.g. training, staff meetings etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting's philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regarding key person role. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of the profile of the setting and to uphold its standards always, both in work hours and outside
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained
- To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities where appropriate e.g. maintaining supplies, stock checks, organising extra-curricular activities or parent days
- Comply with company policy and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Team building skills
- Literacy skills
- Organisational skills
- Able to work independently without the need for close supervision
- Caring and compassionate nature and enjoy working with children
- Love being outside as a lot of our activity is taken outdoors
- Good team ethic
- Carrying out daily health and safety checks
- Outgoing, engaging and fun person
- Creative and able to think quickly
- Mature and responsible attitude
- Hardworking and reliable
5 x GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Fully Qualifed level 2 Nursery Practitioner
About the employer
Abbeydale Cottage Nursery is a family run 86 place Nursery and Pre School for children aged 0 to 5 years. Our purpose-built nursery offers outstanding childcare, within a nurturing and stimulating environment, whilst embracing the early years foundation stage. The nursery is situated within the grounds of Abbeydale Sports Club, just off Abbeydale Road South in the Dore/Totley area.
Abbeydale Cottage Nursery Ltd
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Jemma Roper firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners must be aged 16 or over. We do not set any other entry requirements but employers may have their own guidelines at the recruitment stage.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for The Early Years Practitioner:
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce. This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.