Additive Manufacturing Apprentice ALLOYED LIMITED
Do you want a career in 3D-printing? Alloyed is looking for energetic, practical-minded apprentices with a keen interest in mechanical engineering and science to join its growing team. You will produce complex parts for major customers in aerospace, automotive and electronics, and will learn every stage of the additive manufacturing process.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2022
10 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Alloyed is a world leader at producing digital metal components. The company’s additive components division is growing rapidly in response to high demand from customers including Boeing, Anglo American and Rolls Royce. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to join an exciting new business and help make a meaningful impact in the cutting-edge field of additive metal components.
As an apprentice, you will work on several projects concurrently, making components for high-end sports cars, VR headsets, aerospace engines, rocket nozzles and more. You will learn how to
• create complex components using 3D-printing
• learn a range of post-processing techniques including heat treatment, grit-blasting and polishing
• develop inspection processes to ensure consistently high part quality
• maintain key equipment
• manage stock levels to ensure a smooth-functioning production environment
• develop project management skills transferrable to any career
In short, you carry out every aspect of manufacture, and are a vital member of the Alloyed team.
Recruitment for this apprenticeship will be on going with start dates flexible to accommodate your availability. Advertising will close as soon as suitable candidates are found so don’t delay your application!
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Awareness of industrial or manufacturing environments
- Practical and energetic
- Keen to learn new skills
- Organised and able to work independently
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed (infrequently)
- Required: C/4 or above in Maths and English or equivalent
- Desirable: 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above including Engineering, Science, Physics, or Chemistry or equivalent
Alloyed expects to potentially hire all apprentices full-time after the apprenticeship
About the employer
Alloyed is a world leader at designing and manufacturing digital metal components. The company develops new alloys and metal components for a wide range of engineering sectors including aerospace, automotive, space, orthopaedics, consumer electronic, and jewellery.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by CSR Group
Trudy Jukes 01213542442 email@example.com
Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Standard at Level 3 including a BTEC Diploma in Applied Science
Science manufacturing technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.