Apprentice Cook RASCALS PLAYTIME CHILDCARE LIMITED
We are looking for a new cook to join our team, whether you have a passion for cooking at home or experienced within the workplace. This role would suit someone looking for part-time, permanent work in a friendly yet busy environment. You will work alongside our current cook to provide delicious, well-balanced meals for the children.
Closing date: 22 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 16.00
Possible start date
08 Aug 2022
09 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for a new cook to join our team, whether you have a passion for cooking at home or experienced within the workplace.
This role would suit someone looking for part-time, permanent work in a friendly yet busy environment.
- You will work alongside our current cook to provide delicious, well-balanced meals for the children at Little Blossoms; therefore, the ability to cook a range of mains and puddings is essential.
- You must follow current health and hygiene procedures and comply with registration and legislative requirements. A recent food safety certificate is desirable, although training will be given if not already held.
Please only apply if you have a talent for cooking. Experience in safer food, better business and environmental health is desirable but not essential. If required, we will give training to the right candidate.
This post is subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check (covered by us).
Requirements and prospects
- The nursery is looking for someone who is very committed and wants to learn.
- Prepared to complete appropriate apprenticeship qualification for the expected duration.
- You should have basic cooking skills and a love of food as you will be cooking daily
- The ability to work on your own
- A responsible attitude is crucial.
- Appropriate level of GCSE grades required
- Catering qualifications and experience desirable but not essential.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate, there are progression routes available
Things to consider
- The hours are reduced to meet business needs/meal times therefore the duration of the apprenticeship has been extended accordingly.
- Please consider travel arrangements prior to applying for this role.
- Any successful Applicants will need to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check for criminal records before a formal offer for the job is offered.
- Applicants must be 18 years or over due to regulations for working in Nursery Kitchen environment
About the employer
Part of the Rascals Playtime Childcare Group Little Blossoms opened its doors on 3rd September 2018 as a day nursery, out of school club and holiday club, offering childcare for children aged 6months to 11 years. Rated Good by Ofsted, the nursery is in North Shields. The nursery opens Monday to Friday all year round. Sessions are from 7 am until 6.30 pm.
Little Blossoms is a busy, friendly, extremely well-run nursery. Children are provided with an array of healthy and nutritious choices during mealtimes. Staff encourage children to follow excellent hygiene practices. Children quickly develop independence and self-care skills. They behave exceptionally well and demonstrate excellent manners.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwentside College
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team 01207585914 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard for Food Production Chef
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.