Teaching Assistant Apprentice Riverhead Infants' School
To work with individuals or small groups of children under the direct supervision of teaching staff and provide feedback to the teacher. To assist the class teacher with all aspects of maintaining the class environment. To follow and implement safeguarding procedures. To undertake supervisory roles at playtimes and lunchtimes.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2022
09 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To work under the direction of a class teacher to support children’s learning
- To be a proactive team member through establishing and maintaining positive relationships with all members of our school community
- To support independent learning and the inclusion of all children
- To ensure all safeguarding procedures are understood and followed and contribute to maintaining a safe environment
- To support children’s social and emotional well-being
- To respect confidentiality at all times
- To attend relevant school meetings and training sessions when requested
- To be flexible to provide support across the school when required, sometimes at short notice
- To carry out playtime and lunchtime supervisory roles
- To assist with educational trips
Requirements and prospects
- To have a willingness to learn and to be able to provide effective support
- To be caring, patient and understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great collaboration and teamwork skills
- To be calm and have patience, compassion and empathy
- To have a positive outlook
Further apprenticeships may be possible or on successful completion employment within a school environment.
Things to consider
This is a term-time-only position.
About the employer
Riverhead is a three-form intake infant school on the outskirts of the town of Sevenoaks. Our eco-friendly sedum-roofed building is set in beautiful grounds enabling our pupils to enjoy their learning both indoors and out.
We achieved an outstanding Ofsted report in January 2009 and have received numerous awards for our excellent practices. Our school is over-subscribed and well supported by parents and the local community.
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profile Development and Training
Ian Pearce 07554435343 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths functional skills at level 2 if required
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.