Apprentice Machine Operator Drywall Steel Sections Ltd
An apprentice opportunity has arisen with a fast paced, innovative manufacturer. If you are looking to work on machinery where quality is key, this could be the role for you.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Aug 2022
09 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our client is now looking to recruit an apprentice within their milling department. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Learn how to operate and use a Milling machine
- Learn how to set Milling Machines
- Learn how to change over tools on machinery
- Learn how to work to tolerance and understand different materials.
- Working within a team to meet deadlines and customer requirements
- Opportunity in the future to obtain a Forklift Truck Licence
Requirements and prospects
- Practical mindset
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance record
- Some experience of using tools would be an advantage but not essential
- Good Maths ability
- Likes to use a practical approach
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as using your own initiative
In order to be successful within this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Genuine interest in Steel Manufacturing
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Willing to learn
- Good attention to detail
- Grade 4 or above (A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent
- 5 GCSE’s or more
In the future you will have the opportunity to progress onto further qualifications and obtain a forklift truck licence.
Things to consider
The starting salary will be the apprenticeship minimum wage with a view to increasing your salary as you progress.
About the employer
Our client has one of the most comprehensive range of cold rolled products and systems for partitions, ceilings, wall linings and light gauge structural steel framing. All products and systems are manufactured to high quality industry standards and continuously monitored by ISO 9001 Quality Management Certification, whilst remaining highly cost competitive, and is continuously supported by our on-going research, development and testing. One stop provider for most of your dry construction needs.
Aiming to be one of the leading innovative manufacturer and suppliers of cold rolled steel products and systems for dry construction yet cost competitive to give choice and added value to its customers, both home and abroad, our client are continuously committed to quality and with keeping up to date with the latest state of the art roll forming technology.
Drywall Steel Sections Ltd
LEAN EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lean Education And Development Limited
Sarah Johnson 07970 894852 email@example.com
You will progress on to a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Engineering, which is a 16-month programme, where you will receive on the job training and be required to attend LEMA Academy 1 day per week, for 13 months of the practical duration and 3 months are allowed for you then sit your End Point Assessment.
Having a background of engineering and manufacturing will be beneficial to you in this role.
Level 2 (GCSE)