Apprentice Early Years Educator Fledgelings Day Nursery
This is an exciting new apprentice vacancy at level 3 to work with children from 6 months to under 5 years
Closing date: 30 Jul 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Aug 2022
09 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Plan activities using EYFS guidance appropriate to the individual child and their stage of development.
- To keep updated records of achievement on allocated key children.
- Work with parents/carers of special needs children to gain full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff including students and be part of a good staff team.
- Attend required number of staff meetings and out of work social events at the nursery
- Be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to move rooms, help where needed and undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery,
- Ensure that the nursery philosophy and vision is achieved by working alongside the manger.
- Record accidents or incidents in the relevant books, ensuring parents/carers signatures are gained and a Room leader is notified.
- Use initiative to ensure the needs of individual children are met by the setting.
- Ensure safeguarding of all children within the setting, following nursery policy and procedures.
- Respect the confidentiality of information received as stated in the settings confidentiality policy. Awareness of the high profile of the nursery and upholding high standards both in and out of work.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker.
- Participate in all child care procedures
- Ensure that nutritional needs of children are met and that mealtimes are a time to socialise and practice good manners.
- Ensure general cleanliness of children at all times, washing and changing as required.
- Provide comfort and warmth to an unwell child.
- Helping children to rest/sleep as required
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- Practicing good Health and Safety procedures within the nursery. Adhering to procedures set by manager and challenges any unsafe behaviour.
- Understand child protection procedures and ensuring children are kept safe.
Requirements and prospects
Observing and supporting and developing children’s learning
· Team Work with other staff within the whole setting
· Liaiseing with Parents/carers promoting partnership and involvement
· Read and understand all relevant documentation (policies, procedures, risk assessments, etc.)
· To work as part of the team providing high quality care, safety and stimulating play experiences to all individual children and their needs.
· To implement the daily routine in the base room.
You must have a level 2 in Early Years to apply for this apprenticeship/or at least 6 months in a nursery setting
GCSEs 9-4 in English and Maths or equivalent required
Great for the right candidate
Things to consider
- Will need to subscribe to the DBS update service (mandatory)
- If do not hold a paediatric first aid qualification this will be arranged by the nursery (mandatory)
- Will support apprentice to work toward achieving a higher child care qualification
About the employer
Fledgelings Nurseries takes the holistic approach, we work in developing the whole child; physically, mentally and socially. We nurture each child’s natural curiosity to reach their full developmental potential, in their formative years by helping them to develop the social skills and confidence they will require as they move on.
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barking and Dagenham College
Level 3 Standard in Early Years
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.