Cafe Assistant Apprentice Smorgasbord Coffee Bar Ltd
You will be joining an enthusiastic and committed team at Smorgasbord. This is an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to gain many new skills alongside study and to progress a career in catering, hospitality or an associated area.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2022
08 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assisting with all food preparation and cooking in the kitchen including cooking and baking under the guidance of the kitchen lead
- Assisting with the serving out of food and drinks to customers
- Maintaining the highest standards of food preparation and presentation
- Maintaining excellent hygiene practices and levels of cleanliness and all relevant checks and records e.g. cleaning and temperature records
- Washing and drying up and assisting with café laundry
- Assisting with the setup, set down and cleaning of the café and kitchen according to procedure on a daily basis and as required
- Other tasks as required including for example helping with external catering orders, customer surveys/encouraging customer feedback, assisting with marketing and promotion
Requirements and prospects
- Able to deliver excellent customer service in line with the business / brand standards with the aim of exceeding customer expectations
- Able to perform activities to positively promote business / brand standards and identify opportunities to increase sales and achieve customer loyalty
- Ability to handle payments, transactions, stock and packaging to minimise unnecessary financial loss
- Able to comply with legal requirements to avoid risks, minimise disruption to the business and to maintain the safety and security of people at all times
- Able to demonstrate the ability and confidence to deputise for the line manager when necessary
- Able to work with integrity in a safe, honest and trustworthy manner putting personal safety and that of others first
- A willingness and desire to learn
- Take pride in own role through an enthusiastic and professional approach to tasks
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- A flexibility to work weekends and evenings
- Carry out activities with consideration of their cost and value
- Confidently demonstrate a belief in the products / services the business offers
GCSE grades C/4 or above in maths and English (or equivalent qualifications) would be an advantage.
Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English must be achieved prior to gateway and the learner must also attempt their Level 2 maths and English exams.
Functional Skills does not apply if the apprentice already holds GCSE grades A-C/9-4 in both English and maths.
- The possibility of obtaining full or part-time employment with the company and the possible opportunity to progress on to the Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Smorgasbord is one of a kind independently owned coffee Bar and restaurant in Bradford. It opened for trade in 2007 and Smorgasbord Coffee Bar is recognized as one of the leading and trendy cafes in Bradford for its high standards in unique food, service, coffee and ambience.
Smorgasbord Coffee Bar prides itself on Exceptional quality of homemade food made fresh to order and service standards that are based on genuine hospitality. We only use 100% Arabica coffee beans steamed roasted to perfection.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Qube Qualifications And Development Limited
Zahra Batool 07387417168 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Preparing and serving cold and hot drinks (Barista training provided)
- Greeting and serving customers in a pleasant and courteous manner
- Taking food and drink orders and using the till/cash and card handling
- Checking that orders have been correctly delivered and charged
- Helping to keep the café environment safe, pleasant and welcoming
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.