Level 2 Pharmacy Assistant Apprenticeship N & J BURNTWOOD LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to join a very busy Pharmacy. If you are a team player, who thrives in a busy working environment and looking to train to become a Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant then please apply now!
Closing date: 29 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
10 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The range of duties is broad and will include the following:
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions, dispensing prescriptions
- Keeping the Pharmacy store well presented at all times
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, and members of the public
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read and carry out instructions
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Team player
- Helpful nature
- Discretion and empathy
4 GCSE's are Grade C/4 or above to include Maths and English, (or equivalents).
Further training and development.
Things to consider
- Flexible working may be required (to include weekends)
- Applicants need to be willing to travel to Walsall College for weekly sessions and exams
About the employer
Your local friendly pharmacy. Taking care of all of your healthcare needs.
Offering pharmacy services and healthcare to Burntwood and the surrounding areas and serving WS7 postcodes.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 email@example.com
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant Apprenticeship Standard.
Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only).
Full time apprentices will typically spend 15 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.