Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Stanley Green First School
This is great opportunity to begin a career working in schools as Teaching Assistant. During the apprenticeship the successful candidate will gain invaluable skills and experience.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
01 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an apprentice teaching assistant you will be supporting teachers and helping children with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. Initially you would be working with reception aged children with a possibility of working with older children at a later date.
This role would include the following duties:
- Getting the classroom ready for lessons
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Helping the teacher to plan learning activities and complete records
- Supporting the teacher in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
- Helping with outings and sports events
- Taking part in training
- Carrying out administrative tasks
- You would also support children with particular needs, working with them individually or in small groups.
Requirements and prospects
Ability to relate to children at their level.
Caring and patient when interacting with children of all ages.
Minimum of English and Maths GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent).
About the employer
The successful candidate will be working towards the Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 alongside Functional Skills in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT as required.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
FNTC TRAINING AND CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FNTC
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017