Administrator Apprentice Manor House Nursing Home
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to provide a friendly, professional and efficient reception service for enquirers, residents, staff and visitors to the Manor House Nursing Home, located in Stafford.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2022
£144.30 - £192.40
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
08 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- To ensure a tidy, safe and welcoming environment in the Home Reception/ Lounge area. Including emptying waste bins
- Booking appointments for visitors
- Scanning and Archiving documents
- Ensure all staff are PCR tested weekly and maintain accurate data
- Ensure all admissions and discharges are accurately recorded
- To meet and greet visitors, ensuring that signing in procedures are adhered to, including any relevant covid testing measures and inform relevant person(s) of their arrival
- To ensure refreshments are supplied at all meetings, cups are washed and put away appropriately in reception cupboard
- To answer all incoming telephone calls, passing on promptly to relevant personnel.
- To answer doorbell to all visitors to the home
- Keep a record of all meetings in the office diary and ensure meeting room is booked appropriately
- To book training room for all training events. Ensuring the key is kept in reception at all times
- To ensure all training correspondence are sent to staff a month before the training is due including posters across site, ensuring all training delegates have signed in and the data is passed to HR admin
- To take clear, accurate messages and ensure these are passed on promptly to relevant personnel
- To log and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis
- To take receipt of deliveries and distribute accordingly
- To undertake administrative tasks and general typing and editing of documents as directed by the Registered Manager
- To support HR Administrator as requested
- To keep a stock check of staff and agency uniforms
- To ensure all stationery orders are processed to Finance Manager
- To ensure flowers and cards are purchased for all residents arriving or leaving the home
- Update nominal role including occupancy list. Update office board and ensure admin staff have a copy
- To ensure all staff receive a birthday card and gift on their birthday
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- To ensure personal compliance with company policies and procedures
This job description is not exhaustive or restrictive. The postholder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to their grade and any reasonable request made by the Finance Manager or Registered Manager. The job description is subject to periodic reviews.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and listening skills, with a good telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good Literacy & Numeracy skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Motivated & willing to accept responsibility
- Keen to progress
- Willing to learn
- Positive attitude
- Excellent Personal Hygiene and Presentation
- Ability to work Independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Time-planning and ability to meet deadlines
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English Language.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion.
Things to consider
Your working week will consist of 30 hours shift work from Monday to Sunday. You may be offered further hours (up to a total maximum of 40 hours per week) dependent on business needs. You will receive 2 days off per week.
College attendance will only be necessary if Functional Skills in maths and/or English are to be completed. All Other training and assessment will occur in the workplace. A representative from Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group will undertake your assessments.
Throughout the apprenticeship process i.e. teaching, learning and assessment, you will be fully prepared to complete an End Point Assessment where you will be assessed through a combination of testing in controlled conditions, evidence produced in the workplace and recorded interview, therefore comprehensively examining the work you have completed
Interviews will be on-going, and the vacancy will be withdrawn early if a suitable candidate is appointed. Please therefore complete your application as soon as possible.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At the Manor House Nursing home, every person who comes to live with us is given a tailored care plan. Everybody has their own set of needs which is why we deliver a totally person-centered user led service to ensure the happiness and dignity of each individual is always the priority.
We provide nursing care for adults with varying mental and physical health needs and for those living with dementia.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275660 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths & English (where appropriate)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.