Kitchen Assistant / Hospitality Apprentice Manor House Nursing Home
An incredible opportunity has arisen to assist the Chef at Manor House Nursing Home. You will help to identify items to be ordered to ensure enough levels of supplies for catering operation from specified suppliers, using Hyde Lea Nursing Homes LTD procedures.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2022
£144.30 - £192.40
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
08 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Responsibilities will include:
- Under the supervision of the Chef, assist in identifying items to be ordered to ensure enough levels of supplies for catering operation from specified suppliers, using Hyde Lea Nursing Homes LTD procedures
- Operate an efficient stock control system
- Ensure equipment supplied is used with care, in accordance with suppliers’ instructions and training
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order and report any faults immediately. Do not use any machine if it is dangerous
- Prepare food items under the guidance of the chef
- Support the delivery and serving of food, if required
- Understand the specific diets identified as required by Service Users, and share any dietary concerns with the chef
- Be responsible for understanding Health and Safety requirements
- Be clean, hygienic and well presented at all times
- Any incidents or accidents to be reported to the chef, and appropriately recorded and actioned
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of those individuals they support
- Develop effective working relationships with other employees within the service
- Work with the chef in a positive way, and be proactive in identifying duties that need to be completed
- Liaise and communicate effectively with care staff to understand the dietary needs of people that use the service
- Be polite and respectful in any communication with staff, Service Users or external visitors
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth
- When interacting with Service Users be person-centred, and promote respect and dignity
- Take responsibility for your own professional development through performance and development reviews and undertake any relevant training
- Be responsible for understanding Health and Safety requirements of the role
- Understand and follow any relevant risk assessments
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and listening skills, with a good telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good Literacy & Numeracy skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Motivated & willing to accept responsibility
- Keen to progress
- Willing to learn
- Positive attitude
- Excellent Personal Hygiene and Presentation
- Ability to work Independently as well as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Time-planning and ability to meet deadlines
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English Language.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion.
Things to consider
Your working week will consist of 30 hours shift work from Monday to Sunday. You may be offered further hours (up to a total maximum of 40 hours per week) dependent on business needs. You will receive 2 days off per week.
College attendance will only be necessary if Functional Skills in Maths and/or English are to be completed. All Other training and assessment will occur in the workplace. A representative from Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group will undertake your assessments.
Throughout the apprenticeship process i.e. teaching, learning and assessment, you will be fully prepared to complete an End Point Assessment where you will be assessed through a combination of testing in controlled conditions, evidence produced in the workplace and recorded interview, therefore comprehensively examining the work you have completed
Interviews will be on-going and the vacancy will be withdrawn early if a suitable candidate is appointed. Please therefore complete your application as soon as possible.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
At the Manor House Nursing home, every person who comes to live with us is given a tailored care plan. Everybody has their own set of needs which is why we deliver a totally person-centred user led service to ensure the happiness and dignity of each individual is always the priority.
We provide nursing care for adults with varying mental and physical health needs and for those living with dementia.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275660 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard – Food Production
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English & maths (where applicable)
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.