Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice Curry Mallet Church of England Primary School
Curry Mallet primary school have an exiting career opportunity to work within our years groups 3 / 4 to gain a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about supporting children to learn. You will be supported by our friendly staff to achieve your Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 11 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
08 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The programme will consist of face-to-face tutor led knowledge sessions, at Taunton or Ilminster once per fortnight and a minimum of six hours independent study, at a venue to be agreed with the employer, on the alternate week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the class teacher with classroom management
- Supporting learning activities as guided by the class teacher
- Provide a safe, secure and welcoming environment for the children and their families
- Willingness to be involved
- Implement and deliver the curriculum
- Contribute to planning
- Ensure that the children’s needs are met by offering structure, care and stability
- Work in partnership with other team members
- Respecting the confidentiality and privacy of information
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal and communication skills with children, staff and parents
- Excellent organisational skills
- Administrative and basic IT skills
- To have a patient and caring nature
- To be approachable, friendly and be able to communicate well and in a respectful manner to work as part of a team.
- To have a keen willingness to learn.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Strong passion and enthusiasm for children’s learning and development
- Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records
- The ability to support and encourage children within the school environment is essential
To have 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Teaching Foundation Degree and may lead to employment.
Things to consider
- Apprenticeship offers are subject to two references
- Travel to and from employer and Training venues
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check performed by the employer
About the employer
Curry Mallet Church of England VC Primary School caters for children from the age of four to eleven. The school is a rural primary school – our current number on roll is 80. The children are organised into three classes; numbers in each year group vary so we are flexible in our class structure.
The school is set in a peaceful and very attractive location, surrounded by trees and open farmland. There is access to excellent facilities including three large classrooms, a hall and library, a large playing field and hard playground area, a secure infant play area, a Forest School area and a delightful environmental studies area, and a small adventure play area adjoins the playground.
As we are a small school, we are able to form a very close relationship with all children and their families, and build an atmosphere which is personal, secure and friendly in nature.
Curry Mallet Church of England Primary School
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Centre For Integrated Learning
SCIL +443001231967 firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship in Teaching assistant to include...
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
- Functional Skills English and Maths if required.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.