Trust Ford Body and Paint Apprentice Trust Ford
Apprentices will be working alongside fully qualified body paint technicians to be fully trained in preparing and painting repaired panels. You'll be responsible for undertaking paint repair and restoration work on all makes of motor vehicles, whilst achieving the highest standards possible.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2022
07 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Vehicle Paint Technician Apprentices are trained to prepare and paint panels using approved techniques, B.S.I certification and also gaining knowledge and experience in smart repairs.
Apprentices duties will involve working with a senior paint technician to do the following:
- Dipping and spraying - spray painting involves operating a spray gun and other machinery
- They use formulas to mix the paint that goes into the spray gun. They adjust the flow and viscosity of their paint and control the air pressure to the spray gun by adjusting the nozzle
- Other job duties include properly disposing of hazardous waste, following colour charts and removing rust. Paint technicians must disassemble, clean and reassemble their painting equipment
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, for the right candidate this position will offer:
- Industry leading package
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) in addition to an annual leave purchase and sale scheme
- Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Ford Privilege vehicle purchase scheme
- Discount on Service, Bodyshop and Parts
- 1 day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle to work purchase scheme
- Access to Perks at Work discount website
AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY WITH ONE OF THE TOP 25 SUNDAY TIMES BEST BIG COMPANIES TO WORK FOR.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Ability to listen
- A keen interest in cars and an urge to learn about the exterior treatment of cars
- A career in the motor industry
- Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent (A-C/4 in English and maths preferable)
A potential full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can potentially go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, whether it be progressing through their dealership or working towards a job within motorsport.
Things to consider
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
TrustFord is the world’s largest Ford dealer group, operating over 60 sites in the UK, including Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
TrustFord forms part of Ford Retail Group. As well as managing its Ford franchise operation for new car and commercial vehicles, the business runs as a multi franchise for used cars, used commercial vehicles, aftersales and parts. Ford Retail Group also owns and operates 14 Parts Plus sites nationally and is expanding its Quick Lane operation.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Jamie rogan 01923 216165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only will apprentices be working and trained within the garage, they will go to a Ford approved college to work towards and achieve their Certificate at VRQ Level 2 and/or 3. An advisor will visit at least every 4-6 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
Together with generous rewards and structured approach to training and development, Trust Ford offer real job security and every opportunity to progress. So if you are committed and are looking for a career, please apply.
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.