PE Teaching Assistant Apprentice Holy Trinity C of E Primary School
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside our Sports Achievement Lead. To further raise the quality and range of sports provision in the school; improve levels of participation and excellence in pupils and work alongside teaching staff to ensure the delivery of a high quality PE curriculum.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
22 Jul 2022
07 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To provide high quality sports coaching during and after school to help raise attainment and improve competitive sport provision
- Assist the Sports Achievement Lead in the planning, delivery and evaluation of physical education and school sport to classes of children
- Provide support to individuals and groups during lessons to enable them to access the curriculum, whilst monitoring progress and dealing with challenges as they arise
- Support the development of extra-curricular offers by running sports-based after school clubs
- Promote an active lifestyle by leading games at lunchtimes, encouraging children to participate
- Contribute to the implementation of an effective behaviour management strategy, applying it fairly and consistently within clear boundaries and reinforcing positive aspects of behaviour
- Develop positive relationships with parents, carers and families by taking a partnership approach, maintaining and sharing accurate information where appropriate.
Requirements and prospects
- Reliability and commitment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team – both under direct supervision and on own initiative
- Experience of Sports Coaching and working with young children would be an advantage
- We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is willing to work as part of our team to inspire participation and excellence in sport as well as instil a love of learning in our pupils
- The successful candidate will be a physical activity role model for our pupils
GCSEs grade C/4 or above or equivalent is desirable in Maths and English
- The possibility of being given a full-time role/contract after the completion of the apprenticeship
- Opportunities for career progression
Things to consider
Holy Trinity C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires some flexibility; you may be asked to support after school events
- Some of the teaching will be outdoors; some may be at alternative venues
- You must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
A wonderful and supportive school with great staff and lovely children. A school where you feel valued and challenged." Year 6 teachers
"Sense of humour - vital. We love to laugh!" Key Stage 1 teachers
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
- PE School Sports Technical Certificate
- Functional skills in maths and English where required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.