Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprentice Hunters Lodge
We are Dog kennels, grooming and Cattery who look after peoples beloved pets! Whilst working, the applicant will also be studying towards the Level 2 Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprenticeship certified by VetSkill.
Closing date: 04 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
05 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Dog walking and some grooming
- Feeding / Cleaning animals
- Playing / Entertianing with the animals
Our apprentices will be signed onto an industry recognised qualification (Level 2 – Animal Welfare) working with a leading training provider to achieve their full potential. We have dedicated staff who will provide coaching and mentoring support during your 12-15-month apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Kind and welcoming candidates with a passion towards animals, specifically dogs in this position
- Passionate about animals and would like a career in this industry
- Confident and keen to learn new skills
- 5 GCSE's, or equivalent, C/4 grade and above or equivalent desired, must include maths, English and science
- A great stepping-stone onto a Level 3 Diploma in Animal Welfare qualification, subject to meeting additional entry requirements
Things to consider
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Hunters Lodge Country Boarding Kennels, Day Care Centre, Cattery & Grooming.Providing the best care and fun for your pets whilst you are away or at work.
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Charlotte Brooks 01708579278 CharlotteB@harrietellis.com
The duration of the course is 15 - 21 months, with practical learning time, followed by three months preparation for the EPA (End Point Assessment).
The course covers following subjects:
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Animal Health & Welfare Animal
- Environment & Accommodation
- Handling of Animals
- Animal Feeding
- Animal Grooming
- Functional skills if needed
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.