Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Browns Hairdressing Group
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this prestigious salon based in Market Harborough. Browns Hairdressing are looking for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
06 Aug 2022
04 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice will be expected to do the following duties as part of their apprenticeship:
- To meet and greet clients and take them to their seating area
- To observe stylist
- To practice on block heads and be responsible for bringing in models for assessments on training days
- Shampoo and condition
- Styling and finishing
- Colour and lighten hair
- In time, to be on reception and answer the phone to book in appointments
- To commit to theory zoom sessions booked in with assessor and training for assessments
- To complete their online one file journal where they will log all their training hours
- Tidy and maintain the cleanliness of the salon in line with sterilisation guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English
- Good timekeeping
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- Maths and English at grade 3/D or equivalent
On successful completion of NVQ level 2 hairdressing, there may be the opportunity to progress onto NVQ level 3 hairdressing and good training programme.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a hairdressing apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity with little time to rest.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
About the employer
This salon is part of group of salons which is a family run business, they offer a very high standard in all hairdressing services and carry out in-salon training.
We have two training academies where our Apprentice stylists learn all the cutting, styling, colouring and other techniques required to become excellent hairdressers.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788 820132 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hairdressing Standard
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.