Apprentice Quality Assurance Administrator Xcel Aerospace Ltd
An interesting and varied apprentice role for an apprentice in an established aerospace manufacturing organisation.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2022
03 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Candidate to be a self-motivated individual who will learn to coordinate a number of tasks with the aim of achieving best practice and results.
The role involves assisting with the daily maintenance key aspects of the quality control and assurance system within a precision manufacturing business and occasionally helping the sales team with order entry and other sales related activities and the quality inspection team during busy periods and covering holiday.
If you are looking for an exciting, dynamic and friendly working environment and a rewarding career, then we would like to hear from you!
Provide administrative support to the Engineering & Quality Manager and Technical Administrator by helping to:
- Update / maintain the calibration register for all measuring equipment
- Raise purchase requisitions for all measuring equipment replacements
- Update all data systems required to generate monthly analysis data
- Update all monthly analysis data KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Update all factory visual management boards as required
- Process all customer information requests such as vendor surveys
- Raise paperwork for supplier rejects
- Supplier/ subcontractor certification record updates maintained
- Communication across all levels as required
- Helping in Quality Inspection when needed
Provide adhoc support to the Sales Team by helping to:
- Answering the door to contractors and visitors
- Franking post, receiving and distributing post
- Process and load sales order onto the system.
- Answering the phone and taking messages
Requirements and prospects
- Office administration
- PC skills including MS Office in a work environment
- Attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- IT skills
- Organisational and multitasking skills
- Team interaction and communications
- Flexible and willingness to help
- Good team working skills
- Work on own initiative
- Maths, English and Science 4/C and above or equivalent
After completion of the apprenticeship you will be able to apply for the following roles within the aerospace sector or other engineering environments:
- Mechanical Inspector
- Quality Administrator
Things to consider
- 50% computer based
About the employer
Xcel Aerospace Limited is an established and successful organisation based in Romford, Essex.
With over 40 years’ experience, we are a leader in delivering manufacturing excellence within the global aerospace market.
We support our customers in reducing supply chain risk by providing high quality components and assembly parts, on time, in full and at competitive prices. Enabling our customers to perform, grow, and together deliver excellence.
The organisation is growing, so we are looking for like-minded individuals to train on apprenticeships who share our vision to deliver excellence in all that we do.
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Engineering Technician - Mechatronics (Product Design Pathway) Apprenticeship Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.