Apprentice Quality Inspector Xcel Aerospace Ltd
As an Apprentice Quality Control Inspector you will learn the responsibilities of inspectors for the control and compliance of product in accordance with current manufacturing and quality assurance procedures; engineering drawings and customer requirements. You will help to keep air travel safe and learn much sought after skills.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2022
03 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Within your first year you will spend time in each area of the business to gain an understanding of the parts we make and how they are made. This will include the basics required for inspection:
- Using all types of measuring equipment and gauges.
- Reading drawings.
- Use of CMM (Co-ordinate Measuring Machine)
- Use of the Javelin Manufacturing Management Application.
You will then build on your knowledge over the remainder of your apprenticeship and beyond, in order to become a fully qualified quality inspector who will:
- Verify the conformity of parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies in line with engineering drawings, the quality management system and any special customer requirements.
- Responsible for comprehensive completion and auditable traceability of inspection records.
- Support Production with the timely verification of batch first off.
- Create and compile First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
- Carry out inspection duties across all areas of the manufacturing and supply chain process as required.
- Identify and report non-conformance as per the Company procedure.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance and HSE policies and procedures at all times.
- Processing process and return (P&R) documentation for parts despatched for external processing.
- Highlight and escalate quality concerns to production management and quality engineering.
- Support problem solving to drive root cause analysis and preventive action.
- Participate in New Product Introduction planning meetings and advise on inspection methodology.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Requirements and prospects
- Good numerical skills, able to work with figures and make measurement calculations
- Detailed and methodical approach to work
- Able to work within tight time scales
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible and willingness to help
- Good team working skills
- GCSE maths Grade 6/B or above
- GCSE English Grade 5/C or above
- GCSE Physics Grade 5/ C or above
- GCSE Chemistry / Biology Grade 4/ C or above
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be able become a permanent Quality Inspector able to work in the aerospace industry and other precision manufacturing sectors
Things to consider
- The nature of the role is precise therefore the ability to concentrate for long periods of time is essential
- An annual eye sight test is a requirement in order to meet the expected standard for inspection
About the employer
Xcel Aerospace Limited is an established and successful organisation based in Romford, Essex.
With over 40 years’ experience, we are a leader in delivering manufacturing excellence within the global aerospace market.
We support our customers in reducing supply chain risk by providing high quality components and assembly parts, on time, in full and at competitive prices. Enabling our customers to perform, grow, and together deliver excellence.
The organisation is growing, so we are looking for like-minded individuals to train on apprenticeships who share our vision to deliver excellence in all that we do.
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 email@example.com
Level 3 Engineering Technician - Mechatronics (Product Design Pathway) Apprenticeship Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.