Commis Chef Apprentice The Unicorn
The Unicorn are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Commis Chef Apprentice. You will learn exciting new skills and expand on your knowledge and experience in the kitchen.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
03 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Daily duties will be relevant to the job role. Some of the tasks you will undertake are:
- Vegetable and salad preparation.
- General kitchen duties.
- Learning new skills such as making a range of meals from Soup to Lobster dishes.
- Preparing, cooking and finishing food items in line with legislation and organisational brand standards.
- Clean and maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen.
- Operate and clean kitchen equipment.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to use own initiative
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Sense of humour
- Able to work under pressure.
Good educational qualifications (5 A*- C GCSEs or equivalent). maths and English will be studied as a Mandatory part of the Apprenticeship if C/4 has not already been achieved.
These will be studied by Block Weeks, Monday to Friday.
There is a strong path for career progression working with this vibrant employer. Opportunities will open up upon successful completion of the full apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- No two days will be the same.
- Village location so will need reliable transport or to live locally.
- Weekly College attendance.
About the employer
Perfectly positioned for sensational sunsets, the Unicorn on the Beach sits in the surfing paradise of little Porthtowan on the rugged north Cornish coast.
The Chefs are cooking local produce… lobsters from the next bay, ribeye's, chicken and bacon burgers with all the trimmings, crispy tofu curries, along with an extensive drinks list of local ales, artisan wines and curated cocktails - classics like Espresso Martini and summertime favourite, Buckets of Beach Fun (think big Long Island Iced Tea).
The vibe is the perfect escape to get yourself reinvigorated and rein spired and explore spectacular stretches of cliffs and shore on foot, bike and board.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College Camborne or Cornwall College St Austell on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.