Apprentice Business Administrator - Contracts Department Compco Fire Systems Ltd
To provide effective and efficient administrative support to a designated team in accordance with CFS policies and procedures. As this is an apprentice post, the job holder may be required to work in various areas and departments throughout the organisation to develop skills, knowledge and experience in all aspects of administration.
Closing date: 06 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
14 Jul 2022
03 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The post holder will be expected to carry out the following duties:
To efficiently undertake basic administration and clerical duties which may include the following duties as directed:
- Data input, data extraction, scanning, photocopying, faxing, filing and typing duties as directed
- To support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
- Updating job specific reports as requested including breakdowns, programmes etc.
- Weekly locations for the contracts team to be collated and updated
- Maintain plant records for the contracts department
- Maintain stock of contracts department paperwork and equipment
- To answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
- To provide appropriate reception cover as and when required
- To maintain filing systems in line with company procedures
- Collating information for reports
- To be a flexible and supportive member of the team
- Throughout the training period the post holder will be expected to complete all educational and training as required
- To sign a learning contract with the training provider and adhere to this agreement
The post is one of continual development. The job description is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities of the post and complements individual objectives set in line with the department annual business objectives. Responsibilities will be reviewed periodically in line with business and duties may change or new duties to be introduced after consultation with the post holder.
To meet the requirements of the apprenticeship, you will be expected to attend regular meetings with the supervisor and assessor and attend training sessions leading to an Apprenticeship Certificates in Business Administration. This consists of a National Vocational Qualification, a technical certificate and key skills. Apprenticeship training will be conducted with on the job training and formal training sessions to establish knowledge and understanding.
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate
- Confident communicator
- Good attitude
- Mature attitude and responsible
- Eager to work
- Able to listen to instruction and take it onboard
No minimum qualifications required.
The employer would like to take on the apprentice at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Potential to raise the wage based on age and experience of potential candidate.
About the employer
For over 30 years, Compco Fire Systems has been at the forefront of protecting people and property from fire. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining people of the highest calibre to continue the provision of service excellence and maximise added value to our customers.
We are a Worcester based success – here in Malvern Road, St John's, and seek to employ local talent to join us and prosper their careers.
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Charlotte Anderson Ilic 01905 330 721 firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administrator level 3.
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at McKenzie Way WR4 9GN, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills maths, English (if required).
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period, you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.