DAF Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship MOTUS COMMERCIALS LIMITED
Skillnet are recruiting on behalf of DAF who have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick start their career and join their skilled team as a Heavy Vehicle Technician. If you are interested, apply now!
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
02 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
A Heavy Vehicle Service Technician will inspect, maintain, and repair large vehicles weighing 3.5 tonnes and over.
The Heavy Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three main categories:
- Servicing – carrying out checks
- Maintenance – replacing / repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics – using the latest diagnostic equipment
As an apprentice, you will observe, learn and gain an understanding of a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team.
- Learn and understand the importance of Health and safety within the workplace.
- Learn the fundamental technologies – Heavy Vehicle chassis design, engine, fuels, transmissions, hydraulic and air braking, etc.
- Develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments from verbal instructions and drawings.
- Learn how to maintain workshop equipment and to keep it in good repair.
Requirements and prospects
Commitment and enthusiasm are a must and a passion for motor vehicles and physical work would be an advantage.
You will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles such as trucks, buses, agricultural machinery and plant equipment. Being a Heavy Vehicle technician requires a reasonable level of physical strength and stamina.
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English and maths are preferable.
DAF provides an extensive, high quality and an award winning Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil all ambitions for a career in the motor industry and with such a wide range of skills instilled, an Apprentice can move into any other area of the motor industry.
About the employer
Motus Commercials is the largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group in the UK with 32 locations. Our manufacturer partners are: DAF Trucks, Isuzu Trucks, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VW Vans), Ford Commercials, Fiat Professional and Isuzu Pick-ups. Motus Commercials is the largest DAF trucks dealer group in the world with 30 DAF / TRP sites.
We sell new and used vans and trucks with a range of competitive leasing and finance packages on offer. We provide genuine manufacturer parts and TRP All-Makes truck, trailer and van parts, and carry out routine servicing and maintenance for both LCV's and HGV's in our workshops. We have 14 ATF sites for commercial vehicle DVSA MOT tests and have four specialist commercial vehicle body shops too.
Motus Commercials has annual revenues of around £375 million and employs almost 1500 people across its operations.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Tommy McMullen 01923 630800 firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard, delivered by Skillnet.
When on a DAF Apprenticeship you will be required to attend the City of Bristol College 4 times a year for two weeks at a time. All accommodation and travel costs are paid for. You will also be assigned a dedicated Skills Coach who will contact you every 28 days at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualifications:
- Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in English & Maths (if required)
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.