Hairdressing Apprentice Hair by Candice Hogan
Hair by Candice Hogan, in Saltdean are recruiting for a Level 2 Hair Professional Apprentice to join their team. With training both in house and at college this is a great opportunity for someone wishing to break into the hairdressing industry. We are looking for someone who wants to join a small and friendly team and someone who is eager to learn.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
04 Aug 2022
01 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Some of the main tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Greeting clients
- Receptionist duties
- Answering the phone
- Assisting stylists
- Providing refreshments
- Keeping a clean and tidy salon
- Undertake consultations
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Attend college once every other week as part of your day release programme.
The employer will be interviewing throughout advertisement period so the apprenticeship may start before the closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Have a commitment to quality, a positive attitude and team working
- Being able to communicate with a wide range of people
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- A passion to work in the hairdressing industry
- Work under pressure
- Observe time management and self-management
- Show a willingness to learn
- Organisational skills.
Qualifications in maths and English are not essential but if you do not have a Level 2 qualification in maths and English you will be required to study Functional Skills during your day every other week in college.
At the end of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to progress onto Level 3 or a full time job role with the organisation.
Things to consider
One day every other week you will attend East Sussex College at the Eastbourne Campus or the Lewes Campus. There are train and bus connections.
About the employer
We are a small team, friendly team that all work well together. The salon has been open for about four years now. We specialise in colour but provide services to a variety of clients. Ages range from babies, to adults.
Hair by Candice Hogan
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sussex Coast College Hastings
Katie Parris 030 300 39871 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt.
20% of your contracted working hours will specifically be spent on training. Training will consist of attending college, one day every other week, as well as training in the workplace where you will shadow other stylists and be mentored. Day release will be from East Sussex College’s Lewes Campus, one day every other week.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.