Apprentice Dental Nurse Treetops Dental Practice & Norwich Implant Centre
An exciting opportunity to join the practice as an Apprentice Dental Nurse. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
01 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
We need an individual who is motivated, can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and who is prepared to listen and learn. In return we can offer you comprehensive training, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that values excellent patient service.
Duties may be varied from time to time under the direction of the Practice Manager daily duties will include:
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures
- Update computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Assisting with Patient Chaperone
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
This is a great opportunity to join a highly experienced and well respected team within the industry.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail/Accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Must be able to travel to other locations for training if required
- Can attend training courses outside normal hours of attendance.
- Ability to cope with occasional exposure to aggressive behaviour, distressing circumstances or emotional events
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in own working area and others
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Positive attitude/Good sense of humour
- Must demonstrate an ability to take pride in work
- Will be able to communicate with patients and practice team in an appropriate manner
- Good general standard of education including both English and maths, OR equivalent. (Predicted)
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship within the 18 month contract of employment.
- Potential employment on completion of apprenticeship
- Provided you succeed in the apprenticeship you will also be required to study for further qualifications
Things to consider
- The successful candidate must adhere to and understand the importance of Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety and Confidentiality policies and procedures that are in place at the practice
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our aim at Treetops Dental Practice and Norwich Dental Implant Centre is to improve smiles, inspire confidence, and help to make a real difference to patients’ lives. We believe that having healthy teeth and gums is important for your smile, self-confidence and general wellbeing. We offer the latest cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry to enable people who are conscious about their teeth to have the smile and the function they have always dreamed of. Our very professional team strive to delivery high quality dentistry in a relaxed and friendly environment to ensure that your experience is always a pleasant one.
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins email@example.com
The Eighteen-month work-based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills maths (if required)
- City and Guilds Level 2 Functional Skills English (if required)
- Health and Safety
- Cross Infection
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Prevention of Disease
- First aid essentials roles and responsibilities of a dental nurse
This Apprenticeship standard will also include an end point assessment which entails the following:
- Practical observation
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.