Business Administrator Level 3 Apprentice City College Peterborough
This is a demanding and challenging post playing a key part in the continuing success, development and expansion of the College and Service. The successful applicant will be a dynamic individual who is dedicated in supporting their team and adapting their support to different customers.
Closing date: 05 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
16 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The role is viewed as being key in enhancing the City Adult Learning Service and College’s responsiveness in meeting the needs of the adults, communities and key partners and in achieving our corporate targets and quality standards.
The successful candidate will join a small team of dedicated, hardworking and committed staff able to work flexibly within the working week and year.
Strong inter-personal skills are required for this post as the College and Service continues to expand quality provision and meet targets. The ability to work as part of a team and to be self-motivating is essential.
We are excited about our future and are seeking someone to share and develop our vision for adult learning.
Duties will include:
- Undertake accurate data entry relating to the funding returns, registers and timetables enrolment and examinations
- Ensure addition & amendments to the College Management Information system are made and input according to procedures and in an accurate and timely manner
- Undertake information audit checks across all data sets and make amendments to the information contained on the College database if necessary
- Assist in the preparation for audit and inspection
- Liaise with other college departments and partners in resolving queries on data
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Contribute to ensuring the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
- Assist in maintaining an OFSTED Grade 2, and helping the college to develop to a Grade 1
- Meet the minimum requirements of continuous professional development (CPD)
Requirements and prospects
- Technically competent and informed
- A good knowledge of Word/Excel and access databases
- Experience of the use of computer systems particularly databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Prioritising workload
- Work well under pressure
- Problem solver to staff and tutors on basic configuration problems
- Self-starter yet ability to work as part of team
- Excellent data input skills with a high level of accuracy
- The ability to carry out administrative tasks accurately
Proven ability to:
- Work flexible hours including some evenings
- Willingness to undertake training and development as and when required
- GCSE A-C/8-4 or equivalent or Level 2 equivalents
- ICT qualification
- For the right candidate, there may be the possibility to gain a fixed-term/permanent contract after the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- As we work with young people and vulnerable adults, this role will require an enhanced DBS check
About the employer
City College Peterborough is a place for adults and young people to learn new skills and further develop existing skills. It has provided learning opportunities in Peterborough since 1944 and moved to its present site in Brook Street in 1971.
City College Peterborough is a very successful and expanding centre of learning for the city of Peterborough, delivering courses through over 60 centres, including schools, community centres, faith centres and sites throughout the city.
City College Peterborough
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Peterborough
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Training will be provided by City College Peterborough. Training is work-based, meaning you spend the majority of time within the workplace, but will be released into college periodically if needed
- You would also work towards the Level 3 Business Administrator standard and also functional skills (if needed)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.