Production Chef Apprentice The Grapes
The Grapes at Croston are looking for a chef apprentice to work in the kitchen producing high quality food. You will learn how to prepare and cook dishes under the supervisor of our senior chefs.
Closing date: 13 Nov 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Nov 2022
02 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties include but are not limited.
- Maintain excellent standards of personal, food and kitchen hygiene.
- Cooking and Preparing Veg, Meats and FishAssisting with restocks and deliveries
- Ensure compliance to procedures
- Produce food meeting portion control and budgetary constraints.
- Adapt and produce dishes to meet special dietary, religious and allergenic requirements.
- Follow, complete and maintain production schedules, legislation and quality standard documentation.
- Use specialist kitchen equipment.
- Communicate internally and externally with customers and colleagues.
- Commit to personal development activities.
Requirements and prospects
No skills required however good time keeping preferred.
Good personal hygiene
GCSEs In Maths and English D/3 or above or the ability to pass a BKSB assessment for English and Maths.
Things to consider
In order to progress your application, we will require you to complete additional paperwork and complete a BKSB assessment. The information will be sent via email if you meet the entry requirements set by the employer and linked training provider for the vacancy. Please check your junk mail whilst the vacancy is open.
Until we receive the above, we are unable to progress your application so please monitor your emails.
For more information on the NMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A small country pub, locally managed, set in the picturesque village of Croston. Our menu is fresh, homemade, and locally sourced!
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Runshaw College
Kirsty Gregory Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be working towards the following qualification/standard:
Production Chef – Level 2
- Main learning objectives: The preparation, assembly, cooking, regeneration and presentation of food, procedures for the safe handling and use of tools and equipment, standards and operating procedures, personal development and performance, key nutrient groups, legal requirements.
- Functional Skills – if required.
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes 3 assessment methods. These include an ‘On demand test’, a 120-minute practical observation and a professional discussion. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.