Apprentice Dental Nurse Level 3 JC & Aa Rayner
Rayner Dental Practice are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team! If you are a dedicated individual who would like to develop a career in Dental then apply now!
Closing date: 15 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Aug 2022
02 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
You will develop a competence and knowledge across a wide range of dental chair side support procedures and maintain the surgery in a state of cleanliness to prevent cross infection.
Dental Nurse job description:
- Provide chair-side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order.
Requirements and prospects
- Good people skills, including the ability to work with children and difficult patients
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Organisation and a methodical approach to work
- Confidence and a calm manner
- Ability to multitask
- Candidates must be punctual, friendly, keen to progress
- Must be willing to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Must also work hard to achieve the qualification they are working towards
- 2 GCSE's, or equivalents, maths and English at grade C/4 or above
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
About the employer
A long and established practice, Rayner Dental Practice offer NHS dentistry for all age groups including adults and children. The practice also offer some private Dental Treatment alongside their NHS treatment, which includes Implants, Tooth Whitening, Cosmetic Restorations and Cosmetic Crown/Veneers and Dentures.
JC & Aa Rayner
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- A level 3 qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.