Commis Chef Apprentice The Moat House
An exciting new opportunity for an individual wanting to start their catering and hospitality career! You will start with a culinary role where you will prepare food and carry out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
01 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Food preparation, cooking and service
- Cleaning of work areas and equipment
- Set up and close down of work areas
- Maintaining health and safety in all work area
- Maintaining food safety in all aspects of job role
- Maintaining workplace records
- Correct use of stock and equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Some understanding/experience of the catering environment
- Good time keeping
- Team Player
- Good organisation
- Excellent Communication
- Attention to detail
- Be able to follow recipes and instructions
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent Hygiene standards
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- A love of food
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work requirements
- Energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated to achieve excellent outcomes
- Level 2 Food safety certificate desirable, but not essential.
- Maths and English at grade 9-4 (A*-C), Lower grades need to study for functional skills. Level 1 maths and English (also taking Level 2 tests) before end points assessments can be taken.
This position could lead to a permanent placement.
Things to consider
Working times are likely to include day, evening and weekend shifts. Some split shifts.
The apprentice will need to offer flexibility in rotas
The on program learning will need to be completed before the end point assessment can be taken.
The candidate should check travel arrangements and ensure they have the ability to travel safely to/from work.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The moat house, Acton Trussell is a 16th century grade 2 listed Manor House, we have 41 rooms, function rooms which are used for conferences and meeting and we hold weddings throughout the year. Our reputation has been built upon the success of our restaurants which opened in 1988 and has over the years gained awards both locally and on a national level.
Our kitchen team has a reputation for being stable and working here for a number of years, we have good links with the Michelin starred restaurants both in Birmingham and further afield and many chefs have used The Moat House as a stepping stone on a successful career in this industry.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275660 email@example.com
Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard. This will be delivered with workplace and college training, and assessor support sessions to develop overall knowledge, skills, and behaviours to meet the apprenticeship standards.
Functional skills maths and English to be achieved at L1, also taking a Level 2 test in each subject. (Unless exempt by prior achievement). This will be delivered by specialist tutors at Stafford.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.