Agricultural Livestock Technician Apprentice M H Northmore
Great Eddish Farm is offering an exciting opportunity to learn and work within a family run livestock farm. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of livestock farming and provide support in the day to day running's of the farm and its animal management and husbandry.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
28 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a career in the farming industry. The position focuses on the animal care and welfare of cows and sheep, which will give you a chance to learn, train and grow within the industry. You will be part of a team who have plenty of support and knowledge to draw on to develop your skill base.
Daily duties include:
- Tractor work (subject to correct licences)
- Feeding livestock
- Handling cattle & sheep e.g. calving & lambing in spring
- Animal care and Husbandry
- Gathering and moving livestock from the commons
- Maintaining the farm
Requirements and prospects
- Passionate about livestock welfare and husbandry
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexiblibility to work
- Practical and hands on in attitude
- Willingness to work outside in all weathers
- Good sense of humour
- Positive in attitude
- Eager to learn
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Interested and willing to learn
Maths & English GCSE's at grade 4 (C) or above or equivalents.
For the right candidate with a passion for agriculture, there is a possibility to become a permanent assistant herdsperson within the company.
Things to consider
Farm is in a rural location
About the employer
We are a family run beef and sheep farm. Lambing and calving in spring.
M H Northmore
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Duchy College
Ceri 01209 616 826
You will be working towards a Level 3 Livestock unit technician Standard
Some units will include:
- Animal Health - handling and welfare
- Farm machinery
- Forage crops and grassland
- Animal Handling
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security
You will be required to attend Duchy College, Stoke Climsland on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
Livestock unit technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.