Apprentice Engineer – Plant Maintenance Department Epson Telford Limited
We are seeking to employ and train a Maintenance Apprentice. You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing. The initial training will be broad based leading to a first appointment as maintenance engineer.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
01 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Health & Safety:
- To ensure the Health, Safety and welfare of all staff specifically within the department. Support as needed the relevant risk assessments, and safe systems of work, prior to work commencing
- Any accidents or near misses are to be reported and countermeasure implemented as required
- Ensure you are working to the relevant standards and procedures and in any doubt ask
- Support, as directed, with the achievement of service levels for the provision of planned maintenance and helpdesk requests
- To ensure that all tasks and requests are carried out in line with Company Policy and procedures
- To ensure compliance with all ETL quality standards
- Support with the rectification of electrical and mechanical breakdowns and repairs.
- Carry out installation work to electrical and mechanical services as directed by task supervisor
- Achievement learning objectives detailed by the learning provider, overseeing professional development
- Support department in achievement of business plan objectives
- Complete relevant statistical information within agreed deadlines
- To assist in the development of departmental procedures and ‘Know-How’ materials
- Actively encourages, is receptive to and recognizes ideas and suggestions for improvements
- Manages own self development and encourages the same in others
- Thinks creatively around problems – tries loss of solutions until one is successful
- Regularly delivers desired results, achieves targets or deadlines and is prudent with resources
- Pays attention to Instructors and undertakes tasks to the best of one’s ability
- Identify learning opportunities and exploit then to the full
- Always act responsibly and professionally
- Develop a customer focused approach to work activities
- To ensure good two-way communication between all members of the department
- Ensure all activities are carried out in line with the company’s policies and procedures, to continually look at reducing waste of all types and ensure waste is correctly segregated
- To investigate, propose and apply continuous improvements and ideas to existing machines
- To promote and support internal companywide Activities (Suggestion Scheme, SGA’s, 5S Activities, Audits etc.) in line with company targets
- To always demonstrate a professional attitude
- Comply with IT security policy, undertake working duties with ISM requirements i.e., use of appropriate controls for confidential information
- To maintain 5S levels in line with showroom factory conditions.
- To undertake other duties as and when required within Epson
Requirements and prospects
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in an accurate and methodical manner
- Work by self or part of a team
- Experience of using MS office
- Able to develop good working relationships with a variety of colleagues
- Keen to learn
- Take ownership of tasks
- Willing to learn
- Interest in engineering
- GCSE maths and English Grade 7-4/A-C or equivalent
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- Minimum 2 x A ‘Levels Grade A-C
To progress to be a fully qualified maintenance engineer with potential to progress onto a HNC apprenticeship.
About the employer
We work with customers across the world to create total solutions that cover all aspects of a business, from planning and design to implementation, maintenance and ongoing support.
We build strong partnerships that last and evolve, that meet changing needs and harness the latest technologies. Strong relationships are key, with customers, employees and partners representing the Epson brand.
Supporting our customers is one of our highest priorities, so we offer care that extends beyond the purchase of our products. Examples include Epson’s service solutions, that provide the back-up you need to keep your business moving, and our flexible range of Managed Print Services, that provide cost-effective printing operations suited to your needs.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by IN-COMM TRAINING ACADEMY SHROPSHIRE LIMITED
Leighanne Omisore 07570952071 Leighanneo@in-comm.co.uk
Level 3 (Advanced) Engineering Technician - Mechatronics Apprenticeship Standard.
Training will include attending college full-time for the first 12 months, followed by one day per week at the college for the remaining two years.
Please ensure you are able to travel to both the college and employer sites.
Training will include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations & Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Effectively and Efficiently in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Techniques (in induction)
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Assembling & Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Maintaining Electrical Equipment/Systems
- Wiring and Testing Electrical Equipment Circuits
- Preparing & Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing & Using Milling Machines
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD System
- General Welding Applications
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.