Finance Apprentice Millstone Partners Ltd
Exciting opportunity to gain experience of accounting for a variety of clients in several different sectors. As we are a small but busy team, you will have the opportunity to get involved in an extremely wide range of activities.
Closing date: 06 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
14 Jul 2022
28 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be responsible for
- Producing sales invoices
- Issuing statements to customers
- Entering sales ledger details onto the accounting system (Sage / QuickBooks)
- Reconciling receipts to invoices
- Coding purchase invoices and entering them onto the accounting system
- Making payments to suppliers
- Entering payments onto the accounting systems
- Reconciling the bank account
- Setting up new employees on the payroll system
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Attention for detail
- Strongly numerate
- Have a go attitude
- Ability to self motivate
- Desire to learn and progress
- Confident to ask questions
- Able to get on with and interact with a range of people
Maths and English GCSE or equivalent - grade 5/B and above
A long serving team member of the team is due to retire early next year. There is therefore the opportunity to grow into this role.
Things to consider
- Rural location
- Small company
- Assistance will be provided for travel if needed as it is a rural area
About the employer
Established for 10 years providing an outsourced accounts department to clients in the engineering, construction, professional services and charity sectors.
HEREFORDSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Herefordshire Group Training Association
Charlotte Anderson Ilic 01905330721 email@example.com
HWGTA will be your training provider throughout your apprenticeship and will support you whilst on programme.
You will have monthly visits from your assigned Monitoring Officer who will set you work, analyse your development, and discuss training sessions. Formal training is delivered at our centres, located in either Hereford (HR4 9SX) or Worcester (WR4 9GN), and will prepare you for your End Point Assessment to gain your qualification.
If studying Business Administration/ Customer Service, you will mostly be in the workplace gaining off the job training and will be required to attend training sessions.
If studying Accountancy, you will receive weekly training which is a combination of face to face and remote, remaining 4 days will be in the workplace.
Additional training for functional skills in English and Maths will be undertaken if a need is identified.
Optional 5-day team building residential course (usually held in April).
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.