This is an amazing opportunity to join a large, multinational manufacturing company based in Belper as a business administration apprentice within the HR team.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017
£10,000.00 - £14,000.00
Mon to Fri 8.30am - 4.45pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Mar 2017
31 Jan 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Would you like to learn new skills and gain qualifications in Business Administration while working as part of a busy Human Resources team?
To provide general administration support for the Human Resources team with a focus on administrative support for recruitment and onboarding activities.
- Supporting the HR professional team with recruitment and onboarding activities
- Arrange telephone interviews
- Create and produce interview schedules
- Prepare interview rooms and materials
- Maintain HR information systems, eg applicant tracking system, SAP
- Deal with candidate queries in a professional manner
- Assist with travel arrangements as required
- Request references and work with hiring managers to schedule start dates
- Co-ordinate work experience process
- Ordering of consumables and invoice processing
- Provide general administration support for HR activities
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working as an administrator advantageous.
- Proven track record of working with internal/external customers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including telephone skills.
- Accurate data entry skills and keen attention to detail.
- Good general office skills, including planning, prioritisation and organisation.
- Ability to manage concurrent activities efficiently & effectively.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and also Internet Explorer.
- Self Motivated
- Takes pride in their work
- Strong Team Player
- Educated to A level or equivalent
Progression within the company.
Things to consider
The Hazelwood site is located in a rural setting; around 8 miles from Derby City centre and supports our Customers and Original Equipment Manufacturers throughout Europe and Africa. Derby is a historic town first settled by the Romans in around 80 AD. It is the site of the world’s first modern factory; the Silk Mill built in 1717 and has been at the heart of the rail industry from 1839. Derby was awarded city status in 1977 and has recently undergone a £1 billion refurbishment to include a new shopping mall and media centre. The Derby area offers affordable housing, a low cost of living and has a reputation for an outstanding quality of life. It has excellent schools and was voted one of the most desirable places to live in the UK in a national survey carried out in 2002. Hazelwood is located in the foothills of the Peak District which is well known for its magnificent scenery, but if you prefer something different there are many places of interest to visit. Salary: Up to £14000 depending on experience.
About the employer
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimise the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
Your apprenticeship will include:
Technical Certificate in Business Administration
NVQ in Business Administration
Functional Skills Communication (if applicable)
Functional Skills Application of Number (if applicable)
Functional Skills ICT (if applicable)
Employment Responsibilities and Rights
You will be assigned to an Assessor/Tutor who will guide and support you in putting together your NVQ portfolio. This will involve producing evidence of what you do in the workplace and carry out assessments of your evidence.
Business and Administration
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Services 2000 Ltd
James Lund 01332 296995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2017