Business Admin Apprentice in Engineering/Operations Department Servosteel Ltd
Apprentice required to work closely with the Engineering & Operations Teams, assisting with day to day admin support of the Departmental Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders. The role will involve a variety of administrative duties - see full description.
Closing date: 17 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 36.50
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
25 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Working closely with the Engineering & Operations Teams assisting with day to day admin support of the Departmental Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders.
Tasks will include:
- Raise purchase orders
- Update service reports
- Update shift rota
- Update holiday requests
- Source best prices with suppliers
- Shift report machine times
- Computer / input shift reports
- Chase contractors for RAMS
- Create spread sheets
- Update Gantt charts
- Breakdown data analysis - detailing / highlighting exceptions
- PPM data analysis
- Putting together toolbox talk / training / contractors packs
- Consumables stock takes, FLT gas etc
- Report writing
- Management of forms - distribution, uploading, filing
- Managing various spreadsheets and system logs
- Assist all stakeholders with admin support
Requirements and prospects
- Team working skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Computer literate
- Safety aware - training will be given but you need to be aware of the dangers of heavy industry and act accordingly
- Attention to detail
- Reliable & flexible
- Willing to learn
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade 9-5/A*-B/C in English and maths as a minimum
Potential for full-time role within the area worked on completion of the apprenticeship. Additional upskilling within Production, Operations, Quality & Engineering.
Further progression potential exists into supervision or Management within the Operations / Engineering Team and beyond.
Things to consider
Training will include a two week block session at In-Comm Training Services in Walsall, WS9 8UG.
About the employer
As the largest independent Steel Toll Processor in the UK, we are committed to offering an established and innovative processing service to the steel community. With an annual capacity of over 500,000 tonnes, our ability to offer a premium service to our customers is unrivalled and is reflected in our commitment to customer service and quality. Our excellent processing facilities include 3 Slitting lines, 2 DE coiling lines, a Coil Pickling line, a Blanking Line and the UK's only Coil Recovery Line and reaffirms our position as the complete "one stop steel shop" in recent years the company has made a significant investment in Laser Services.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Alex Jones 01922 457686
- Level 3 NVQ in Business Administration
- Functional Skills if required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.