Receptionist & Administration Apprentice St Leonard's C Of E Primary School
Receptionist & Administrator is the front of house person who is the first impression of the school. They must be calm and well spoken in the use of English language, warm and welcoming to all stakeholders. Office skills include, communicating both verbally and written, organised, use of computer packages along with learning new systems.
Closing date: 29 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2022
25 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Receiving and welcoming students, visitors and parents, providing the school’s initial response to enquiries and ensuring they are dealt with by the appropriate member of staff. Issuing visitor badges and completing the visitor’s book
- Receiving and filtering telephone calls. Taking clear, accurate messages and passing them onto the appropriate member of staff
- To collate and distribute incoming mail on a daily basis
- Overseeing the reception area in general including ensuring that notice boards and information are accurate and up to date
- Alerting school staff as appropriate if unauthorised persons enter the site
- Typing, filing, photocopying and scanning as required
- Undertaking tasks using computerised systems, in particular Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook and databases
- To monitor the office email account, providing the school’s initial response to enquiries and ensuring they are dealt with by the appropriate member of staff
- Check attendance registers and update school meal software providing numbers for caterers
- Assisting with processing enquiries and information requests
- Assisting with the organisation of school events and meetings, and providing refreshments as required
- Maintain and collate pupil reports
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of procedures relevant to your area of work
- Working effectively in the office team, with other members of staff, students, parents/carers and visitors
- To complete all task to agreed targets and timescales
- To carry out these and any other duties within the scope of the post, flexibly, willingly and with full regard to the nature of the post
- To attend school events as required
- To attend training sessions and meetings as required
- To ensure compliance within the school of data protection regulations
- To assist in such duties and activities relating to any of the above areas appropriate to grade as the Headteacher and Governors shall from time to time reasonably require
- To assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc.
- This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so constructed
- This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after consultation with the post holder
- All staff participate in the school’s appraisal scheme
Requirements and prospects
- Computer skills
- Good timekeeping skills
- Organisational skills
- First and foremost, approachable, welcoming, willingness to help
- To be confident when interacting with people
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Willingness to undertake any role that may be presented to them, e.g. cover for midday supervisor, accompany classes on trips, etc.
Things to consider
Working in an open plan front of house office. The building is amazing and very modern. The school is multi-cultural and diverse, we work as one team supporting each to ensure children have the very best education experience.
About the employer
At the heart of Streatham’s community for over two hundred years, St Leonard’s Church of England Primary school is an expanding school within the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education Multi-Academy Trust, which aims to nurture and inspire all its children in order to prepare them for an exciting and successful future in an ever-changing world.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lambeth College
Casey 02075015144 CAsiedu@lambethcollege.ac.uk
Training towards successful completion of the Leve 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.