Childcare Apprenticeship - Level 2 NVQ Bumble Bees Nursery
Bumble Bees Nursery has been providing safe and stimulating childcare for over 15 years. Our dedicated staff are qualified and have extensive knowledge of the sector and pride themselves on delivering a high-quality service and have recently supported an apprentice in winning Apprentice of the Year within the care sector.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Sep 2022
24 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are adhered to at all times
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Creative, imaginative and willing to get stuck in
- Patience and a caring nature
- Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting
- This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development
- The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual
Successful applicants will:
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
- Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham for your 26 classroom-based days
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare, you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 26 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
About the employer
Bumble Bees Nursery has been providing safe and stimulating childcare for over 15 years. Our dedicated Staff are qualified and have extensive knowledge of the sector and pride themselves on delivering a high-quality service to families of the settings.
We know that choosing a nursery is a big decision. As parents it is paramount that you choose a nursery that will support you and child’s development and their individual needs. Staff give children the opportunity to maximise their learning potential by allowing children to create their own pathways of learning, we then scaffold this through engaging and stimulating activities to support all areas of development.
Bumble Bees Nursery
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Jessica Jones 0121 5940459 JessicaJ@swiftcc.co.uk
- Level 2 NVQ Early Years Practitioner - Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months
- You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship
- As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.