Site Carpentry Apprentice MJ Stevens
A large, busy construction company are looking to hire an apprentice in the Exeter area to work on a building site completing first and second fix carpentry work.
Closing date: 13 Jul 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
14 Jul 2022
25 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
A very large and successful construction company have an opening for another new apprentice to join their team. You will be mentored by a qualified Carpenter
- Work includes first and second fix, so you will get to learn all the skills of a Site Carpenter
- Carrying out a range of tasks including measuring, marking out, fitting, cutting, splicing, finishing, positioning and securing
- You will work with a variety of tools and equipment within this role including saws, power tools, hammers and shaping equipment
Own transport is not essential however would be beneficial.
Requirements and prospects
- To work as a site carpenter you will need to have practical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to use initiative
- Good communication skills
- You will be working closely with a mentor, so being able to work in a team is essential as well as being able to take and follow instruction
- The ability to learn and develop skills is essential
No previous qualification required, however a good level of numeracy and literacy would help in the job role.
To gain full time employment or go self employed with MJ Stevens
Things to consider
- Eagerness to succeed and commit to hard work is more important than previous experience
- Much of the work will take place outdoors, it can get very cold and wet so it isn't a job for the faint hearted
- The job is physically demanding so a good level of fitness would be beneficial
About the employer
MJ Stevens offer a fresh approach to the construction industry, modernising the way the homes of tomorrow are built. With our concept package we offer carpentry, dry lining, decoration and ceramic tiling. These trades interlinked through our supervision and office based staff provide a new way of building homes for our clients.
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Samantha Cocks 07590840108 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Site Carpentry
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English and maths
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.