Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Pharmacy Services Baljinder Singh
Dosette online pharmacy based in Daybrook are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Services Assistant.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
24 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
*** Please Note - This is an Online Hub rather than a High Street Pharmacy, so there is no face to face customer contact - the dispensing role and the apprenticeship training is the same though. ***
The post holder will work in a small but busy online pharmacy dispensing hub and assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication. The successful candidate will predominately be based in the hub in the Daybrook area of Nottingham assisting in the dispensing of medication; you will also be given the opportunity to work in a local branch where you will gain key skills assisting customers on the counter.
If you are passionate about pursuing a career in the pharmacy sector, this role is a fantastic opportunity with great potential.
Main duties include:
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Receiving prescriptions and ordering prescriptions
- Making up blister packs
- Dispensing once trained
- Labelling of prescriptions
- Liaising with customers over the phone
- Duping and disposing of medicines
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear, polite telephone manner Interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate will be:
- A quick learner
- Proactive and show initiative
- A team player and able to prioritise workload at a busy time, remaining calm
- Dedicated and willing to work in line with strict procedural guidelines to ensure the assignments are handed in on time
- The idea candidate will also have a mature attitude and understand the importance of confidentiality when handing the personal data of patients and customers
Other qualities may include:
- Smart, polite and confident
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Team working
- A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent or Functional Skills Level 1 equivalent)
Possible permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Dosette Pharmacy.co.uk is an online chemist that is open around the clock to meet the needs of customers that are unable to access conventional shops for their health and beauty products.
At Dosette pharmacy.co.uk they specialise in Medicine Management by arranging your medicine to be professionally organised into a Dosette pack (blister pack), maximising compliance and ensuring the administration of medicines both safer and easier. They will go that extra mile to ensure that you receive the best pharmaceutical service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2:
Functional Skills up to Level 2 if required.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.