Level 2 Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Bright Little Stars Watford Ltd
A fantastic opportunity to start your career in our Ofsted graded 'OUTSTANDING' nursery! Bright Little Stars Nursery offers career development and training for all our employees as well as the opportunity to work in a fantastic setting with a qualified friendly staff team.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
24 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Provides a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children
- Assists in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy base room and ensures that all daily routines are adhered to
- Assist in the completion of key person children’s development records
- Adheres to all policies and procedures in relation to the safeguarding of children
- Reports any suspicion of abuse or neglect to the Nursery Manager
- Ensures that operational procedures and policies are fully understood and consistently followed
- Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery under supervision of qualified practitioners
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and activities
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required
- Mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues
- Attends training courses to further personal development
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to care for groups of children
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- A genuine enthusiasm for childcare
- Ability to motivate self and others
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation
- Can add value to a team and take responsibility when required
- No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable
The successful candidate can progress onto an apprenticeship at Level 3, into employment, or onto further training at college.
Things to consider
This role will involve working with children/young people so a DBS check will need to be completed.
For further information on apprenticeships please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bright Little Stars Nursery in Watford opened in March 2016. It is situated on a residential road on Sheepcot Lane and features a newly renovated, purpose built, castle themed, gated property with a multi-colour fence making this an exciting, safe and secure environment. Children enjoy the highest standards of childcare in which to develop and gain their early years’ experience in a stimulating home from home environment.
We have specially designed three bright learning rooms for each of our age groups of babies, toddlers and pre-school featuring plenty of natural light, dual air-conditioning/heating systems and modern interactive LCD computer screens and technology. Our large outdoor gardens and sheltered areas give each room direct access to the outdoors encouraging children to explore their physical potential and integrates all of the other areas of learning offered indoors thus promoting the free flow of learning and children’s ability to develop their exploration skills.
We are also within walking distance of local parks, providing the children with extra outdoor opportunities. The Bright Little Stars All-Inclusive Unique Learning Programme suits children aged between 6 months to 5 years old and incorporates the EYFS, Mathematics, Literacy, Science and Botany, Culture and Geography, ICT, Ben & Betty and an exciting range of Extra-Curricular Clubs.
Bright Little Stars Watford Ltd
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805 980150 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 English, maths and ICT (if required)
- Paediatric First Aid Certificate
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.