Apprentice Learning Disabilities Support Worker Cephas Care Ltd
To provide a high standard of care and support to every service user. To provide a safe, welcoming, nurturing, environment where service users are able to develop and grow at their own pace to maximise their potential emotionally, physically, intellectually, socially, and spiritually.
Closing date: 22 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
24 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Role of a LD Support Worker
• To actively encourage customer/s to work towards their goals
• To support customer/s to develop life skills including cooking, creative skills, art and music, budgeting, relaxation, and sensory activities.
• To actively encourage and support customer/s to participate in planning and development of support provision
. • To encourage, assist or undertake where necessary, domestic duties and personal care with customers.
• To support customer/s to maintain links with their families and other social contacts.
• To accompany customer/s in the community on shopping and leisure activities etc.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, dedicated, and able to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the Apprenticeship programme. You must also be willing to work within a clinical environment.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Supportive approach to team working
- Good interpersonal skills
- Maintain high standards of personal conduct
- Motivated drive to work hard in delivering care to residents
- Good personality
- Good sense of humour
A good standard of education is required to enable you to complete your apprenticeship, but academic qualifications are only part of this. It’s important to be reliable, compassionate, like working with people and have good attention to detail.
On successful completion of the full Apprenticeship programme, post holders will be offered a permanent contract.
Things to consider
Additional £30 will be paid for each full week attendance.
- Starting rate £5.12 per hour for the first 4 months –plus £30 per week for each full week completed
- After successful 4 months this will increase to £7.06 per hour plus £10 per week for each full week completed.
- After 8 Months this will increase to £8.03 per hour plus £5 per week for each full week completed.
- After 12 months this will increase to Level one Support worker at present £9.31 per hour.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
Willingness to undertake further training.
A full UK driving licence is preferred but not essential for all positions.
About the employer
Cephas Care Ltd was established in 1994 initially supporting 1 person with 3 staff, over the years Cephas has continued to grow and now supports over 300 people across Norfolk & Suffolk, employing over 300 staff.
Cephas Care aims to support people achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their lives, promoting their wellbeing and independence through both statutory and non-statutory interventions and preventing or reducing their need for reliance on others. We have a vision that supports outstanding outcomes for people, by working in new ways with our partners. Cephas Care through its values and priorities is committed to delivering effective, efficient services and high-quality, person-centred care.
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou 07507558470 email@example.com
Level 2 - Adult Care Worker (Standard)
Ixion Holdings will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include:
- Function Skills, if required
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
All staff are provided with induction training to meet the needs of their role, included within this induction will be:
- First Aid
- Health & Safety
- Manual Handling Theory
- Manual Handling Practical
- Hand Hygiene
- Infection Control
- Fire Safety
- Handling Information / GDPR
- Specialist Training to suit specific patient requirements
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.