Hyundai Motor Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship CHESHUNT MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED TA CMC Harlow
At Hyundai, you'll be working within a fast-paced, challenging, environment, where you'll be encouraged to push boundaries and challenge convention. As a global automotive manufacturer, and one of the fastest growing, you'll have the opportunity to work within an international business environment, and grow with the company.
Closing date: 20 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 Jul 2022
23 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop you in a way that enables you to learn the core elements of your job role using advancing technology as well as fostering an exceptional level of customer service.
CMC Hyundai are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician Apprentice to join their dealership. This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Working alongside qualified Technicians with the investigation, repair and service of vehicles
- Producing estimates
- Carrying out diagnostics
- Warranty work
- Assisting with MOT's on vehicles
- Other general technical duties and general housekeeping
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Mechanically minded with meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Passion for the automotive industry
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Use own initiative
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent).
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship. Further opportunities to develop career to become a fully qualified master technician and MOT tester. On completion of the apprenticeship the average salary of a light vehicle technician is anywhere between £24k-£27k. While most experienced technicians may earn up to £33k per year.
About the employer
Being employed in a Hyundai approved dealer is a fantastic start to your working career. We're proud to be global leaders in new technology and design and our dealers are looking for young people with a creative flair and an active, practical and logical mind.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Candidates will work towards achieving the Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Standard at level 3. They will also be required to study towards achieving level 2 maths and English functional skills if they do not already hold equivalent qualifications.
The programme lasts for 39 months. The training incorporates underpinning knowledge in partnership and managed by EMTEC Colleges. Throughout the duration of the programme the candidates will be expected to travel to EMTEC's training centre in Nottingham for 24 separate weeks to carry out skills training.
Regular visits to the dealership from EMTEC Vocational Learning Advisors will take place, who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. Candidates will be expected to engage in self-directed learning outside of normal working hours, which will be monitored and tracked through an online e-portal. The apprentice, employer and provider are required to maintain a log book that captures progress over the programme.
Assessment Includes: On-going assessment of soft skills and behaviours, a behaviour assessment, Knowledge and understanding tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2, Skills tests at the end of Gateway 1 and 2.
This is followed by the synoptic assessment, of which there are four components:
- Log book (final year review to assess apprentice's progress)
- Behaviour Assessment
- Knowledge Test (an in-depth, online test exploring knowledge/understanding of the apprentice)
- Skills Test (two-day practical examination of the skills of the apprentice)
Each apprentice will achieve the following:
- Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) (ST0033/AP03) Standard
- Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006) QCF
- Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement QCF
- Certified Hyundai courses
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.