Apprentice Dental Nurse Baddow
This dental practice is looking to recruit a dental nursing apprentice. As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship with Colchester Institute, attending college one day per week.
Closing date: 29 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
28 Feb 2022
Level 3 (A level)
This dental practice is looking to recruit an apprentice dental nurse ready to start college at Colchester Institute. Commencement of work can be negotiated individually depending on personal circumstances and commitments.
The position would involve working within a dental practice team and assisting the dentist with their duties whilst treating patients.
You will be given the training and supervision to undertake your practical duties such as:
- Cross infection control and decontamination
- Chair side clinical treatments supporting the dentist
- Processing of x-rays
- Accurate record keeping in line with the GDPR
Your main duties will be assisting the dentist with preparing instruments and equipment, mixing different materials as required and providing suction support. You will need to be supportive to both your patient and dentist at all times. On a daily basis you will be required to check that your day lists are accurate and that all patients’ records are available and up to date, laboratory work will need to be booked in and out, your dental surgery will need to be stocked up to ensure sufficient materials and supplies available for the day’s treatment.
Possible rotation in the practice may involve working in central decontamination and reception duties. Reception duties may involve answering the telephone, making appointments and taking patient payments.
Requirements and prospects
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative and to be accurate at all times
- Good manual dexterity
- Trustworthy and able to work within a team
- You will require good communication skills, be able to show empathy with patients, as well as working well within a team
- You must have excellent time keeping skills and a flexible approach to working
- Maintaining patient confidentiality in line with data protection
- 5 GCSE’s grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English and maths, science is also preferred to allow for career progression.
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department.
- Upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship you will gain a Licence to Practice Qualification that will allow you to register with the General Dental Council and you apply for registered/qualified positions.
- There may be opportunities for you to study further and apply for other positions within the Dental Industry.
Things to consider
- Hours of work may vary and so a flexible approach to working is required
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS check and complete a course Hepatitis B vaccinations
- During the course all students are observed regularly in the workplace undertaking clinical duties and ensuring they are following safe working
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer.
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
- When applying to this role please factor in your transport methods and travel time/distance – will you be able to get to this role within a reasonable time, is it realistic to travel to and from this role on the salary being paid and have you researched your travel options?
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Small, busy, mixed dental practice including NHS & Private treatment provision.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 email@example.com
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Dental Nurse Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Functional skills if needed.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.