Commis Chef Apprentice Llawnroc Inn
The Llawnroc Hotel are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Commis Chef Apprentice. In the Commis Chef role, you will work in both of Llawnroc's restaurants where you will learn a range of new skills, which will expand on your knowledge and experience of kitchen services.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
23 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a team member of our close-knit restaurant team, you will learn various aspects of the running of our two restaurants in areas such as:
- Food preparation
- Restaurant service
- Cleaning and hygiene
- Delivery management, including stock rotation
- Production of menu’s
As you develop through your apprenticeship you will become confident and efficient in:
- Preparing and cooking food to high standards and quality
- Adhering to legislative framework in respect to the preparation, cooking and storage of food items
- Completing food safety documentation
- Checking and reporting food items and commodity (for example, kitchen foil, film, plastic gloves, cloths etc.)
- Managing stock
- Cleaning and maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
- Operating specialist kitchen equipment
- Liaising with other team members
- Reviewing and developing menus
- Adhering to organisational brand, standards and recipe specifications including portion control and waste management
Requirements and prospects
- Friendly personality
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good personal hyigene
- Able to use own initiative
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Sense of humour
- Team player
- Physical fitness
Good educational qualifications (Five A*- C/9 - 4 GCSEs or equivalent). Maths and English will be studied as a Mandatory part of the Apprenticeship if C/4 has not already been achieved. These will be studied by Block Weeks, Monday to Friday.
There is the possibility of a permanent role within the company upon successful completion of the full apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- No two days will be the same
- Rural location so will need reliable transport or to live locally.
- Staff discount
- Share of tips
- Free meal and drink on shift
- Uniform provided
About the employer
Enjoy luxury, comfort and a warm welcome at one of Cornwall’s most stylish hotels. Here our guests will find a romantic retreat where our visitors can relax, unwind and enjoy the very best that Cornwall has to offer. Our spacious rooms, stylish decor, bespoke furnishings and stunning sea views, the Llawnroc Hotel in Cornwall is dressed to impress our visitors.
Our guests can sail, surf, walk the beautiful South West Coast Path, explore the local beaches or simply stay in and soak up the splendour of the hotel. At the Llawnroc we have a dedicated team who are committed to delivering an excellent and personal service. Every detail at this Cornish luxury hotel has been designed to ensure that all our visitors have an unforgettable service, whether this be in our hotel or within our two restaurants.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Cornwall College Business
Ceri 01209 616 826
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College Camborne on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.