Nursery Practitioner Apprentice MACLU LIMITED
To support the nursery’s commitment on safeguarding children in all aspects of the nursery service. To work within our Early Years Team, supporting the planning and implementation of activities with individual or groups of children, promoting effective teaching and learning.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
15 Sep 2022
22 Feb 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Wembley Central Nursery School, our passion is to ensure each child reaches their full potential within a loving, nurturing, safe and stimulating environment. As an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner, you will provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, personal care and intellectual care for the children.
Our ideal candidate will be positive and enthusiastic, a team player who is passionate about supporting children with their development. You will support the staff team within the setting, providing an enabling environment where children can learn through play.
While working in the setting you will be expected to complete a Level 3 in Early Years and maintain excellent progress with your studies which will provide you with the underpinning knowledge required to carry out the role to a high standard.
We are looking for an Apprentice Nursery Practitioner to join us at our Ofsted rated nursery.
Nursery Practitioner Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to a high standard of quality within the nursery, including practice, environment, and resources to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Prepare and supervise activities
- Flexible and prepared to carry out all tasks and duties as required while supporting the staff team.
- Preparation of snacks and clearing away
- Cleaning equipment, ensuring it is safe and fit for purpose
- Ensure that equality of access and opportunity is provided to all children, parents, staff, and visitors
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery
- Always maintain an excellent level of professionalism
- Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for the children
- Undertake a variety of duties subject to appropriate training, adhere consistently to the settings policies, procedures and code of conduct.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of working in an early years setting
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable & Punctual
- Caring and nurturing nature
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and full of ideas to encourage learning and development
- Basic Education
- Please note if you already hold a level 2 in child care, you might be considered for a level 3; please still apply.
- Possibility of gaining a full time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
- Being part of a close-knit team
- Welcoming culture where staff wellbeing is valued
About the employer
At Wembley Central Nursery School we aim to support parents/carers to help their children settle quickly and easily by giving consideration to the individual needs and circumstances of every child and their families. Our aim is for children to feel safe, stimulated and happy in the nursery and to feel secure and comfortable with all staff. We also want parents/carers to have confidence in both their children's continued well-being and their role as active partners, with the child being able to benefit from what the nursery has to offer.
Our nursery will work in partnership with parents/carers to settle their child into the nursery environment by:
- Allocating a key person to each child and their family, before they start to attend
- Planning settling in visits and introductory sessions (lasting approximately 1-2 hours) over a one or two week period, dependent on individual needs, age and stage of development
- Arranging home visits where necessary
- Welcoming parents/carers to stay with their child during the first few weeks until the child feels settled and the parents/carers feel comfortable about leaving their child
- Encouraging parents/carers, where appropriate, to separate themselves from their children for brief periods at first, gradually building up to longer absences
- Respecting the circumstances of all families, including those who are unable to stay for long periods of time in the nursery and reassure them of their child’s progress towards settling in
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones email@example.com
Learners must be aged 16 or over. We do not set any other entry requirements but employers may have their own guidelines at the recruitment stage.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Diploma for The Early Years Practitioner:
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce. This qualification is ideal for learners looking to work with children between birth and 5 years, and gain knowledge of working with children up to 7 years. Learners do not need to have previous experience or qualifications in working with children to undertake this qualification.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.